Geico gave my Mustang the Boot.

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
Got a letter yesterday saying that they will no be able to re-insure my mustang come end of Jan. I claimed come cosmetic stuff that Roush added to the car (not the turbo stuff) like the hood, shaker stuff, exhaust, and intake. Little stuff.

Anyone know of how I can get this changed? It's on my family's plan and we have 5 fully insured cars on that account. My parents are willing to change providers and I plan on holding that over them.

:fu:

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Got a letter yesterday saying that they will no be able to re-insure my mustang come end of Jan. I claimed come cosmetic stuff that Roush added to the car (not the turbo stuff) like the hood, shaker stuff, exhaust, and intake. Little stuff.

Anyone know of how I can get this changed? It's on my family's plan and we have 5 fully insured cars on that account. My parents are willing to change providers and I plan on holding that over them.

:fu:

There is probably a "If you want to contest this decision, please contact XXXXX" On that letter somewhere. You can just claim the car came that way when you bought it, and were told that you should claim the additional stuff :dunno:

I about shit bricks when Amerprise didn't give a fuck about my ranger... They are fully aware that I'm claiming it with a V-8 motor, and it added like $3 every 6 months because of the V-8.... No idea how that works....

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I claimed come cosmetic stuff that Roush added to the car (not the turbo stuff) like the hood, shaker stuff, exhaust, and intake. Little stuff.

What exactly does that mean that you claimed it? Does that just mean you told them that stuff is on the car? I don't see why they would drop you for that stuff....maybe for the turbo kit, but not that stuff.

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
What exactly does that mean that you claimed it? Does that just mean you told them that stuff is on the car? I don't see why they would drop you for that stuff....maybe for the turbo kit, but not that stuff.

Yeah I just told them about that stuff on the car so they could cover it and adjust their rate if needed to be able to cover it....

Riski

Suck my balls!
Jun 23, 2009
North Aurora
1708.gif

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I'm fairly confident if you don't live at home, and the cars don't reside at your parents address, You are committing insurance fraud, just an FYI.

And if the cars are REGISTERED at their address, to avoid having it insured at your address, you are committing Fraud to an even higher degree as you are lying to the state and your insurance carrier............

If you do live at home still, I see no reason to not be insured under your parents... but last I remeber you are getting married etc, so I sure hope you aren't having your fiance move into your folks house :s00ls:

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
You talk a lot for somebody who lives in your friends parents basement.

NOTHING of mine is paid for by my parents.

Oh wait.. me, my brother, and my parents have a family plan which is still pay $62/month (out of pocket) for... so $30 savings if i was to be on my own for that ;)

Thats my little secret ;)

And for some reason since i cannot find the post.. Living in a fully finished basement with a 67" TV, 5.1 surround sound, Full Liquor bar, Sink, bathroom, 1 full size Fridge and 1 Full size Freezer and a microwave, full access to the whole house, including all their appliances, Comcast 20mb internet and HDtv, and a garage spot with storage... All ultilities combined in my rent which is STILL cheaper than my Apartment?

I think I made out well. Apartments suck, and are dirty.

Not all basements are full concrete and leak water you know... People who have money actually make their basements nice.

98GTPDriva

TCG Elite Member
Jun 24, 2008
And for some reason since i cannot find the post.. Living in a fully finished basement with a 67" TV, 5.1 surround sound, Full Liquor bar, Sink, bathroom, 1 full size Fridge and 1 Full size Freezer and a microwave, full access to the whole house, including all their appliances, Comcast 20mb internet and HDtv, and a garage spot with storage... All ultilities combined in my rent which is STILL cheaper than my Apartment?

I think I made out well. Apartments suck, and are dirty.

Not all basements are full concrete and leak water you know... People who have money actually make their basements nice.

Eh, you still live in your friend's parents' basement. You don't own it, so just like an apartment, you are throwing money away (in my opinion).

I know you have a girlfriend and all, but what a great one-liner to use at the bars... "Wanna come back to my friend's parents' basement? It's got a fridge and microwave!"

To the OP, I would call and ask why they dropped you. If you have a good record with them, I would demand an answer.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info