Pickup Truck "Roll Pans", Anyone good with fiberglass?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I wanted to replace my rear bumper on the orange truck with a Roll Pan over winter *as well as replace the front bumper with one off a STX or Edge model for a more aggressive look in the front*

Anyone familiar with how to install/mold one? Is this too hard a task for an amature etc?

I don't like the chrome on the truck, and the only chrome that was on it was the bumpers. I plan on body matching the roll pan, and the front bumper whichever style it may be, and replacing most of the busted/rusty trim that is on it.

For those unfamiliar, This is a "Roll Pan"

64059.jpg

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
I have always welded the edges of the roll pan to the bed sides of the truck so it does not have that crappy seam as in the picture. Then used body filler over the welds and painted pretty much the whole box of the truck. It is pretty straight foward.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
i can do it no problem, when you looking to get it done

Next month or 2. The truck is a stepside, so the whole thing is fiberglass.

Is there a brand/vendor you recommend for a roll pan (Or a site You'd recommend ordering from etc)? PM me a quote for how much you'd want to do this and fix 2 other spots on the bed elsewhere *one inch by half inch nick below a tail light, and a 5-8 inch long 'crack' on one of the flares, I hope to get the whole thing painted in spring when budget allows (Let me know if you can give me a vague quote on the whole truck for just a basic prep and respray in factory color with only one real 'dent' on the driver side door, otherwise the panels are straight on the cab), so I basically just wanted to get the bed 'prepped'

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Dasfinc
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list