The New and improved Camaro build

mr.gto

Deleted New Name
Jul 27, 2009
Well after a few weeks of ordering parts and talking to texas speed and other people the camaro is almost finished.

Here is some pics of the carnage and of the new motor and build. Ended up going with an iron 5.3 stroked and bored to a 5.7 ls1 spec with forged internals, 241 heads with some minor porting and a valve job to clean up seats, a 228r cam from tsp, 650 lift behive springs, harland sharp 1.7 rockers, and dropped from 4400 to a 3600 stall.

Here we go......

DSCF1683-1.jpg

DSCF1684.jpg

DSCF1688-1.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

Being safe using saftey glasses haha.... modifying the tools we rented from autozone haha

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

Me and Shibby 50 have put in a lot of long hours working on this. got the motor sat, and by monday night we had the old motor out, disassembled and new motor built and put in the car and bolted in. Not to bad so far. Only has a little left

mr.gto

Deleted New Name
Jul 27, 2009
and because an ls2 that is built like this one is I could only find for 3000 dollars plus..... brand new. I didnt want used motors that were already in a car. so for 1700 dollars built brand new i think thats a good deal.

^ were talking short block wise

mr.gto

Deleted New Name
Jul 27, 2009
hmmm well maybe you should bring ur little jag out then if you think its so so slow. the car did low 11's with a b.s. ls6 cam and 1.8 rockers and a 4400 stall with racing suspension..... id be a little worried with a better cam, heads, and stall for the car..... but hey maybe im and tsp and speed inc, and fast motorsports are idiots since we've all been talking for weeks bout this build

Riski

Suck my balls!
Jun 23, 2009
North Aurora
Why are you callin out my winter beater? If your thing is so race car fast then race what I race :dunno:

Sorry I will never agree with your "logic" of buying something cheaper to make lil' power.....You can take a stock LS1 and put the same damn cam in it make about the same hp your expecting with this lil 5.3.....maybe everyone should put smaller motors in cars these days and go fast :rofl:

Good job on doing it yourself, I commend that but what your putting in does not make any sense at all!

You could of bought a LS2 iron block for a few hundred bucks and did the machine work for a few hundred more and slapped all the same stuff ur doing and been w/ a better platform.....Im no expert but I would also think that the lil bored out 5.3 is gonna have some heat issues as well....since you seem to beat the shit out your cars or just dont know how to keep them together long.....2 cars....2 blown up :dunno:

Good luck with the 3rd!

mr.gto

Deleted New Name
Jul 27, 2009
Why are you callin out my winter beater? If your thing is so race car fast then race what I race :dunno:

Sorry I will never agree with your "logic" of buying something cheaper to make lil' power.....You can take a stock LS1 and put the same damn cam in it make about the same hp your expecting with this lil 5.3.....maybe everyone should put smaller motors in cars these days and go fast :rofl:

Good job on doing it yourself, I commend that but what your putting in does not make any sense at all!

You could of bought a LS2 iron block for a few hundred bucks and did the machine work for a few hundred more and slapped all the same stuff ur doing and been w/ a better platform.....Im no expert but I would also think that the lil bored out 5.3 is gonna have some heat issues as well....since you seem to beat the shit out your cars or just dont know how to keep them together long.....2 cars....2 blown up :dunno:

Good luck with the 3rd!

This car i did not build.... It dropped a valve on the highway at 60 miles an hour. The gto had a guide problem in the afr heads according to the machine shop.... so none of my work that ive done has ever failed. Never a head gasket or anything. If you think its a small little crappy build then lets set something up for the spring and we will see how crappy it really is. Im tired of this shit of people downing peoples crap. why bother buying an iron ls2 and having it then sent to a machine shop when this motor was already going to be machined? If your looking for a race and to be an ass you got one

Hey your rebuilding ur bike i see.... I bet its gunna be a piece of crap...... but how would that statement sound since I know nothing about bikes.... like you said you dont know much bout ls motors..... keep it to urself and fuck off

Riski

Suck my balls!
Jun 23, 2009
North Aurora
:rofl: I said I dont know much on the 5.3.......I said I dont get your logic....your the one all butt hurt cause I dont see the sense in putting a "5.3 bored out to a LS1 specs"......Why not start with what the car came with and go from there.....I would see more sense if you might be stuffin a blower on it, but running N/A is almost pointless, but I guess cheaper.....

Yep, Im building the bike....if you like a "crack" at it....ok.....how much land do you want?

It is gonna be a longggggg winter with people getting thier feeling all butt hurt here :rofl:

Now get back in your garage and finish your lil build......

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info