New duramax ad campaign. Max & Al. Print ad... and series

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
GM's marketing department has stepped it the fuck up.

this is fucking awesome.

chevrolet-card.jpg

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
i saw one of these commercials the other day, it was funny. Regardless, I'd still buy a Ford truck.

Not anymore dude. They may have the best sales, but the new Duramax is fucking beastly. Ford just got walloped in this real-world comparison while towing 19,000 pounds up a massive grade/distance, despite having more power and torque:

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2010/11/chevy-vs-ford-in-heavy-duty-rumble-in-the-rockies.html

Each truck was run up the grade in Tow/Haul mode starting in four-wheel drive for max traction in the cold conditions and switching to two-wheel drive at approximately 30 mph. The fastest time was used for the comparison.

The Chevy Silverado was significantly faster. It finished more than two minutes ahead of the F-350, in 8 minutes, 38.2 seconds. Average speed cruising up to 11,000 feet was 53.63 mph, 11.22 mph faster on average than the Ford. The Chevy’s top speed was 67.38 mph for a few seconds before the grade changed from 5 percent to 7 percent.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Not anymore dude. They may have the best sales, but the new Duramax is fucking beastly. Ford just got walloped in this real-world comparison while towing 19,000 pounds up a massive grade/distance, despite having more power and torque:

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2010/11/chevy-vs-ford-in-heavy-duty-rumble-in-the-rockies.html

At elevation. That's not a "real world" comparison for most of the US. Me thinks that it is a tune issue. Cars run like crap at elevation....I've actually driven the road that they tested on.

Another thing that I found odd (and newbish) is that they list the transmission gear ratios, but don't list the rear end ratio.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Most of us in the US don't buy HD Diesel's, but the guys who do use them like they should, possibly to extremes like this. The Ford still got beat in Pickuptruck.com's heavy duty shootout during non-elevation testing.

Both were 3.73 rear ends.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info