Pros & Cons: Used Evo vs. Used STI what Would you rather own.

So what's it gonna be Evo or STI

• Evo

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • STI

Votes: 9 42.9%

• Total voters

ls6velless454

Regular
Jan 19, 2010
Well I've been getting tired of the GTP and my old CRX, and I think I'm ready to take the plunge with either an Evo or and STI. I've been kind of looking for a car for around $17,000 or less. I was just curious how these cars have held up for the past 6 years, and any info I need to know about them. I'm assuming I would be looking for one with a replacement clutch. Also are there any big issues with either of these cars. Just curious of the pros and cons.......and go.

ls6velless454

Regular
Jan 19, 2010
I like the way Evos look more, but I was under the impression some of the models only came in 5spd which I would def. consider a con. IDK I just want to find a nice one as my new DD, and after test driving a STI today makes me want to go test drive an EVO to see which one I like better.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
awd launches are all fun until you blow something up.
The Sti will take 'em like a champ. With that said; it'll blow up at 400whp or 350whp on a junk tune or gas.

I'd buy an evo and never look back; unless it's staying bone stock.

You can find sti's for pretty cheap these days if you look around. I bet you could find an 05 with decent mileage for that price.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I had an evo IX and I would definatly go evo, that thing riped and was cheep to mod for the most part, it will definatly cost more than a grand to run 11's tho, I had turbo back exhaust from ams that cost 1300 and a mbc cold air intake, and fuel pump and was barly hitting mid 12's but it was damn fun

XxApollynxX

TCG Elite Member
Jun 2, 2008
Plainfield
Yes talk to me I got a 101k miles Evo im the third owner. I bought it with basic mods, and started getting more heavily into it. I also track/race this car quite alot and it has broken but nothing to crazy. I went into the same debate with the Evo or STi for a while. actually you can probably go in my history and find my thread. What it boiled down to me was the following there are many more shops that openely work on Evo's around here so finding parts, help if needed was never an issues. I test drove both cars several times and that was enough to make me want to get the Evo, it felt lighter, more nimble, and just all around more responsive. I did end up buying an 03 if you want to PM/AIM me I can give you the run down on differences in years, what to look for etc. And going 11's for 1k not going to happen i'd say 2-2,500 no problem. With basic mods like intake, tbe, fuel pump, tbe you can have a mid-low 12 second car and not many problems. Its when you go beyond that you have problems. Holy long post just PM/AIM me if you have any questions.

Thread Info