2006 Monte Carlo SS

I wasn't really looking for a new(er) car, but the price seems reasonable, althought I am not a big fan of the color (Black). I was wondering if anyone here knew what to look for on these cars. I know the transmissions on these are pretty brittle and to expect having to rebuild it any time over 50k. Anyone else have any other areas of weakness to look for in it?????

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
the transmissions arent "brittle". they are only designed for stock-ish power. a shift kit and some trans tuning will help it last a while stock.

the LS4 has some oil consumption issues, but its not that common. they make great power and are easily mod'd using LSx parts. (cam/intake/heads) also they come with 243 or 799 (LS6) cathedral port heads stock.

if the price is right, jump on it!

the transmissions arent "brittle". they are only designed for stock-ish power. a shift kit and some trans tuning will help it last a while stock.

the LS4 has some oil consumption issues, but its not that common. they make great power and are easily mod'd using LSx parts. (cam/intake/heads) also they come with 243 or 799 (LS6) cathedral port heads stock.

if the price is right, jump on it!

I've been told anything over 50k on a trans is pretty miraculous.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info