Bolt-on/Nitrous 2011 5.0 deep into the 10's *VIDEO*

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Damn, I didn't think the stock 5.0 motor could handle a 200 shot! Impressive.

I do think the video title itself is absolutely ridiculous though. 'Stock' has taken on an entirely different meaning in the last few years. The title to the thread is a bit more accurate.

Jean Ralphio

beautiful, clean coal
May 28, 2008
Damn, I didn't think the stock 5.0 motor could handle a 200 shot! Impressive.

I do think the video title itself is absolutely ridiculous though. 'Stock' has taken on an entirely different meaning in the last few years. The title to the thread is a bit more accurate.

Yeah i think he's just referring to the auto trans itself as being stock.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I don't know why I'm such a stickler for accurate descriptions on videos. It's obvious that once you've watched the video, you know the car isn't stock. I know you can't put every single mod in the title to a video, but it should be labeled as you did for the title to the thread.

Jean Ralphio

beautiful, clean coal
May 28, 2008
OKAY SO HE DIDNT PICK THE BEST TITLE. HE'S OBVIOUSLY REFERRING TO STOCK TRANS. HIS MODS ARE IN THE DESCRIPTION.

zoolander-mugatu-crazy-pills.jpg

Jean Ralphio

beautiful, clean coal
May 28, 2008
Exactly what I was going to say.

Impressive? The car has over 400hp stock and with bolt-ons and a 200-shot it's well over 600hp. I would HOPE that it could run well into the 10s with an auto.

Impressive would be kissing 10s with N/A mods.

:rolleyes:
whats impressive about it, is the fact that it took very little money and very little mods to get said car into 10's. They didnt touch the suspension, trans, or engine.
As you know, its not always so easy to just crack 10's.

Vogz

Moist Ass Bitch
Jul 4, 2006
Batavia, IL
:rolleyes:
whats impressive about it, is the fact that it took very little money and very little mods to get said car into 10's. They didnt touch the suspension, trans, or engine.

I could have put a 200+ shot on my car's stock motor back in the day for cheapo and run at least low 11s for very little cash. Who cares?

That car STARTED as a low 12 second car. I'd hope it would get well into the 10s with a 200+hp gain.

I ran 11.50 with a stock motor, stock trans and stock suspension almost 5 years ago in a car that ran high 13s stock. I didn't think it was "impressive" though. In fact, most of the time I don't think anything short of 9 second passes in full interior street cars on radial tires that are drive to the track is "impressive", but I guess that's just me.

Vogz

Moist Ass Bitch
Jul 4, 2006
Batavia, IL

Correction, it's not easy to crack 10s when you have a car that has to get a pretty much perfect pass in good conditions to do it.

I could have upgraded my cams, or used larger turbos, etc. and EASILY run a 10 with a softer launch and granny shifts. But, I wanted to have the first 350z below 10.99 with a completely stock top end, basic small internally gated turbo kit and a 6-speed with full weight.

Jean Ralphio

beautiful, clean coal
May 28, 2008
Correction, it's not easy to crack 10s when you have a car that has to get a pretty much perfect pass in good conditions to do it.

I could have upgraded my cams, or used larger turbos, etc. and EASILY run a 10 with a softer launch and granny shifts. But, I wanted to have the first 350z below 10.99 with a completely stock top end, basic small internally gated turbo kit and a 6-speed with full weight.

and i saw you got it not too long ago, congrats.
about what size is that turbo?

Jean Ralphio

beautiful, clean coal
May 28, 2008
I could have put a 200+ shot on my car's stock motor back in the day for cheapo and run at least low 11s for very little cash. Who cares?

That car STARTED as a low 12 second car. I'd hope it would get well into the 10s with a 200+hp gain.

I ran 11.50 with a stock motor, stock trans and stock suspension almost 5 years ago in a car that ran high 13s stock. I didn't think it was "impressive" though. In fact, most of the time I don't think anything short of 9 second passes in full interior street cars on radial tires that are drive to the track is "impressive", but I guess that's just me.

I dont think a 200 shot on a stock 3.5 and stock trans would last more than a few passes..and i doubt it'd get anywhere near 10's.
Just the fact that you can do that with this car, I find impressive. But again, thats all just a matter of opinion.

Vogz

Moist Ass Bitch
Jul 4, 2006
Batavia, IL
and i saw you got it not too long ago, congrats.
about what size is that turbo?

The turbos are Garrett GT2560Rs

theSVTkid said:
I dont think a 200 shot on a stock 3.5 and stock trans would last more than a few passes..and i doubt it'd get anywhere near 10's.
Just the fact that you can do that with this car, I find impressive. But again, thats all just a matter of opinion.

My original setup on my stock motor took the car from 240whp to 440whp (pretty equivalent to a 200 shot), and I ran that setup on the stock motor, stock trans, stock rear end for 3 seasons and about 20K hard street miles. It would run just fine.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville

And you would have blown the trans, clutch, or axles with all that torque.

5.0 Auto's are HIGH 12 second cars.

There will be 5.0's in the 10's shortly, so you can be impressed.

Vogz

Moist Ass Bitch
Jul 4, 2006
Batavia, IL
And you would have blown the trans, clutch, or axles with all that torque.

Stock transmissions in both the IP low 9 second 350Z and the SP low 9 second 350Z. Stock driveshaft and rear ends too. My stock trans went 4 seasons of being abused before it had a very minor issue.

Who said I would have run a stock clutch? An upgraded one that can handle plenty of torque is less than $400.

You do know I ran the stock axles in my car when I had the bias ply et streets and never broke one with my APS kit installed....right?

5.0 Auto's are HIGH 12 second cars.

Irrelevant, still a bit quicker than a stock 350Z.

There will be 5.0's in the 10's shortly, so you can be impressed.

There already are, see video posted in this thread above. Noob.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info