alignment

skeezer

TCG Elite Member
Jan 3, 2008
Luke's Beef
So this TA I bought pulls to the right pretty good. I imagine it may need an alignment. I've never really owned a car long enough to have to really get one done, but I rather have this damn thing drive straight.

Where would be a good place to get this done, or at least determine if this is what's needed to correct my steering?

Also, just for shits, let's say one day I plan on putting on suspension parts. Depending on what goes on, I imagine an addtional alignment would be preferred after replacing all these critical items.

Thoughts.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
how soon do you plan on putting suspension stuff on it? if its within the year or so i know NTB has a 1 year alignment deal (may be longer) i got an alignment done for i think $100 for all 4 corners (you obviously only need the front) and about 3 months later got another one because i put lowering springs on it & it cost nothing. seemed like a decent deal for me. i'm sure its alot cheaper for only the front

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
if u lower the car or put on struts, shocks, whatever...its recommended u get an alignment...i usually just take mine to like tuffys (by my house) or carx, merlins, whatever...they all basically have the same price. tuffys prints out a nice color coded sheet showing what was done

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I've had multiple cars do this. One car it was worn tires, on the other two it was tie rods. Obviously it could be a whack alignment and an assortment of other things, but don't rule out it simply being tires, unless those are new. But yeah, having it on an alignment rack and getting the specs would be a good idea.

TurboACCORD

3rd Mario Brother
Jan 30, 2008
While everyone's on the subject here, I thought I'd bring up an alignment / tie rod / other problem I'm having. I think a ball joint is going. I've never heard a car with the same noise this is making, other than one that needed an new axel boot / ball joint. When I'm driving straight, it will pull to the right a little bit (so I just thought an alignment would do it). But if I come off a stop in first and get on it, it literally makes a right turn for me. On top of that, when I do turn, it sounds like a continuous bumping noise that gets faster as I turn faster. I was thinking ball joint, axel boot, and maybe an alignment would do it. Any other suggestions? And suggestions on where to get it done? :bowdown:

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
i know someone who works at a tire place (name is sliping my mind at the moment) he did my alignment for 40 bucks... excellent work too, even gives you a print out of what was wrong and what was fixed
yea thats where the hook up the sensors, then fix the toe, then turn the wheel till everything else turns green and print out the sheet. toe and go baby!!! the only way to be sure they actually align the car right is if you watch them do it... and believe me, it is a long and boring thing to watch

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
While everyone's on the subject here, I thought I'd bring up an alignment / tie rod / other problem I'm having. I think a ball joint is going. I've never heard a car with the same noise this is making, other than one that needed an new axel boot / ball joint. When I'm driving straight, it will pull to the right a little bit (so I just thought an alignment would do it). But if I come off a stop in first and get on it, it literally makes a right turn for me. On top of that, when I do turn, it sounds like a continuous bumping noise that gets faster as I turn faster. I was thinking ball joint, axel boot, and maybe an alignment would do it. Any other suggestions? And suggestions on where to get it done? :bowdown:

mine did the same thing, its most likely the upper ball joint, and on my integra those u cant replace just the boot, u have to replace the hole thing. it was 150-200 per tire. not including labor

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info