DMV motocycle riding test

Krang

Snozberries
Jul 12, 2009
Already passed the written, and am ready to take the riding test. I have a few dozen hours of around town driving under my belt on the bike and quite a bit of farting around in the parking lot with doing slow turns, uturns, figure 8's, fast stops and whatnot. Any suggestions from those who have taken the DMV test? I'm hoping to take it tomorrow morning, but if I don't I think I'm going to go by the DMV and use their course to test myself on over the weekend.

I'm doing it on a fairly nimble bike - KLR650.

Krang

Snozberries
Jul 12, 2009
Fortunately, the uturn is very easy on my bike, the cone swerve is my largest concern.

I've been studying what has to be done quite a bit and think I'm ready for it. . I may try and find out the dimensions of the test course and recreate it to practice on tonight.

I wanted to do MSF, but all the classes through EOY are standby only and I didn't want to risk it as I want my license before winter. I do plan on taking the advanced course once registration opens this next year.

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
Yeah go to the Aurora one and it's in back. I did it on a 250 and it was a peice of cake. As long as you have really good balance when riding slow you will be good. A guy with a sv650 dropped it on the first turn, then a guy on a harley and a guy on a ducati failed when I was there.
Are you 100% familiar with the course? Also make sure you bring someone with an M-license with you because they will ask.
If you need someone I *may* be able to cruise up there with you.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I did the MSF, about 2 months ago, it was on a 225 'dual'

The figure 8/U-turn is supposidily the 'make or break' part, but at least per my instructors, they were 'more worried about the other tests' and you still CAN pass without being perfectly inside the box if you don't loose a billion points in the rest of the riding tests.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info