Methanol ?

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I have no idea, but you know it actually takes MORE methanol (aka your injectors won't be big enough) than Ethanol. I also believe the Methanol will eat through stuff rather quickly. What not E85?

I was just wondering, I was reading about a company that sold e85 but it was blended with better gas, so it was a much higher octane rating, and the company I work for has a huge tank of methanol and I could get it for free. Also we have a tank of the "gas" that they blend e85 with and let me tell you its garbage you cant evean run it in a car with out blending it up with 87oct first. I would like to get straight ethanol to blend with race gas but I havent been able to find a place to sell it to me for a reasonable price.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
no we have a tank of 100% methanol, and a tank of natural gasoline it is the lowest grade of gasoline there is, they cant sell it at the pump, thats what they blend the ethanol with to make e85, I was just wondering about the blending of methanol and gas and how it would be different than ethanol and gas

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• 1quick
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list