Dealer wrecks M5 while out joyriding

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e6...ragged-my-car-wrecked-totaled-test-drive.html

Id be fucking PISSED!!

114333d1283100695-autobahn-bmw-fort-worth-ragged-my-car-wrecked-totaled-test-drive-imag0067-2-.jpg

114334d1283100709-autobahn-bmw-fort-worth-ragged-my-car-wrecked-totaled-test-drive-imag0068-2-.jpg

Found a recent post.

Gentsā€¦the unthinkable has happened.
I was looking forward to reporting some unbelievably good news this week to everyone that has been following this thread but that will not be the case. In my last update I reported BMWNA had been in contact with me and had been extremely supportive. I did not go into detail at the time because I wanted everything to be finalized. I had no intentions of ever contacting BMWNA after reading about everyoneā€™s lack of support with dealership issues. I just didnā€™t need the rejection and more frustration. But, BMWNA contacted me first. To make a long story short, the executive offices of BMWNA called me and expressed their regrets about what had happened to my car, praised my military service and as an M owner wanted to make sure I was taken care of and ā€œmade happyā€. They asked me if I was interested in another BMW. I said, ā€œof course,ā€ because one of their dealers had destroyed my perfect one owner car. I was told to look for a car of my choice and they would put me in it. I was extremely impressed that BMWNA was taking care of their customers like this.
Well, there just happened to be a 2010 M5 with 2,600 miles down the street (at a dealer DIFFERENT than the one that trashed my car). I said I would take it and made a few requests to have the same set up as my old one. The deal was set, and the dealer was in contact with BMWNA and the regional manager. I was in contact with BMWNA a few times in between, all nice conversations. All that was left was the executive paperwork and for BMWNA to issue funding. The dealer and I waited for the last two weeks. No word.
Then, I get a returned call today from BMWNA saying that I ā€œmisunderstood what BMWNA was doing for meā€ that they were just ā€œreaching out to help me find a carā€. Can you believe that? This has to be a joke! What ā€œhelpā€ would I need ā€œfindingā€ a car??? You can guess how the rest of the conversation went. I didnā€™t misunderstand anything, and the dealer didnā€™t misunderstand anything. BMWNA is completely reneging on their offer. It sounds like to me someone made an offer they could not back up and when the powers that be got wind of it they shot it down, tearing me down to a whole new level in the process. Unbelievable.
I could not have made up this chain of events if I tried. This has truly been an emotional roller coaster for me and BMWNA has taken a bad situation and completely made it worse. So much for ā€œtaking care of the customer base.ā€
I have been doing my best to be patient and work with these people, but that time has come to an end. I will not deal with this unprofessionalism any longer. Stand by!

*edited for pics and quote*

99PONTIACGP

TCG Elite Member
Oct 3, 2008
Chicago
Real Name
Mike
Dealerships are always going to "test drive" vehicles... then stuff like this happens. At Cadillac where I worked, a mechanic "lost control" and put the customers car into Gaylord's Restaurant accross the street. Fuck yeah the customer was pissed. I think the mechanic was just driving another mechanic to their car but of course they didnt tell the customert that... The dealership needs to take full responsibility and crack down on the "test drives" and Managers/ Mechanics/ Porters need to grow the fuck up... I never messed a car up at the dealership... that they found out about :wink:

Chrisco

is a work in progress
Jan 26, 2008
Downers Grove, IL.
Unfortanely it looks like BMW is going to give him a new car, not the money to replace it. So if he wants he'll be able to sell the new car.

Was there more to the story that wasn't in the initial post? That post said they were going to give him a car, but then went back on their word and now aren't doing jack for him.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info