Rim/Tire Preferences

Tuner World

The tech kid!!
Mar 8, 2009
Hoffman Estates
What is everyones opinion on Rim/tire combos??

I've always felt the best way to go (if on a budget like me) is cheap wheels and expensive(nice) tires. I figure as long as the wheels look decent on the car, it doesn't matter how cheap they are especially because I'm more of a performance guy anyways.

So what do you guys think? Expensive wheels & cheap tires or cheap wheels and expensive tires? There's always Expensive wheels & tires, but think on a budget term.

Tuner World

The tech kid!!
Mar 8, 2009
Hoffman Estates
I love stock wheels also, don't get me wrong but problem is they don't make a wide enough tire for my liking for a 16" wheel. Stock for N/A supra is 245 and I have 255 Falkens on right now but I can't go any wider than that. I found some cheap wheels that wouldn't look too bad on the car and they're wide enough so I can run 275's or more in the back and 235's or 245's in the front. I don't drive the car in the winter (got the infiniti) so I'm not worried about snow tires, but I still will be getting all seasons.

006_black_anodized_blue_lip_large.jpg

TransHed

Navy Seabee
Sep 3, 2009
Plainfield, IL
Assuming that you're not going to be selling your car and like a certain style of rim... I dont find anything wrong with forking up the cash for good rims as long as they're summer only ones because they will stay on the car for a looooooong looooong time.

Good tires will hook, but all tires will wear, so Im ok with just running some Nittos. Defiantly never running Sumittomos ever again lol.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Negative, and I am sure they are leagues above the best all season. Just stating that certain all seasons dont suck ass. They will not outdo purpose made tires.

I should start a fanclub or something. I seem to have a few :nutz:.
Though he has an auto NA supra; it's still more of a performance car only used in the nice months. He should really get some good summer tires. They're the number one most important suspension, power and braking mod IMO.

I'm running hankook ventus v12's. They're fairly cheap and handle amazing for the price. I think the wear rating is like 280.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
his sig says it has a turbo now. though it's XSpower, so im sure the engine will be ingesting chunks of turbo after it blows apart on low boost...lol. i remember seeing XSpower glues their turbos together...no joke.

:rofl:

I thought I saw pics of a XSPower crossover for a different platform just break off.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info