Injector testing?

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Is Casper's still around? I remember them doing it...

xrwi2.gif

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
yeah it always depends on the impendence of the injector of course, but ohm all 8 out, and record the readings....you may have one that is way off then the rest....i dont have a spec, but they should all be within 5% or so id say....

pretty unlikely this will show you the results you are looking for since the problem (from what dtb described to me) isn't always there....but thats checking the resistance is the first step to diagnosing a bad injector

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
One 6 i think they do it. Ask for mark

I would be calling the place that sold them to u. They are not that old.

A set of injectors can be off by a good amount. Especially when you are looking at larger injectors. 2% of a 24# injector isn't much. 2% of a 80# injector could add up. So unless the place you bought them from flow tests and matches them they can be off slightly.

Saying that I do not think that is dan's problem. It would be some thing that would be an issue all the time.

TURBOC1

Addict
Oct 23, 2007
Marengo,IL
A set of injectors can be off by a good amount. Especially when you are looking at larger injectors. 2% of a 24# injector isn't much. 2% of a 80# injector could add up. So unless the place you bought them from flow tests and matches them they can be off slightly.

Saying that I do not think that is dan's problem. It would be some thing that would be an issue all the time.

true. but he does have a good idea to see if one inj isnt spraying right. cause talking with him on sat, he was saying the flat spot was at a small range of ms in the logs. but i dont know if the duty cyl was doing anything. (sorry for saying this dan) but it does sound like a fun problem to track down.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info