1 dead in Naperville motorcycle crash

skeezer

TCG Elite Member
Jan 3, 2008
Luke's Beef
Naperville police are investigating a weekend crash that killed a 39-year-old motorcyclist.

Denver J. Hinkle, 39, of the 1600 block of 59th Street, Downers Grove, died from injuries suffered after he crashed his red 2005 Ducati motorcycle about 5:54 p.m. Friday on Chicago Avenue, west of Naper Boulevard, police said.

Hinkle apparently sideswiped a red 2003 Ford Explorer, causing him to lose control and hit a curb on the north side of Chicago Avenue, police said.

Hinkle was transported to Edward Hospital in Naperville, where he later was pronounced dead; the Explorer driver was not injured.

Police said that "excessive speed and alcohol use by Hinkle" were contributing factors to the crash.

Police are asking anyone with more information about the crash to call the department's traffic unit at (630) 305-5285.

:(

I pretty much saw the scene right after it went down. I live about a half mile away from where it happened. Cops had Chicago ave from Olson all the way to Naper blocked off for westbound traffic. Me and my buddy were actually driving around trying to figure out what the fuck was going on. It looked like a power line went down. Finally we talked to some guy in the neighborhood and it actually turned out it was his backyard the guy ended up in and he told us what happened. He pretty much hit the curb going so fast his bike flew up into the tree and took out the guys fence along with it and the guy landed in the backyard. I guess the guy was wearing shorts and no helmet too. Not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed, but RIP nonetheless.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
It's not unexpected, but it is still sad that someone lost their life. On my way home from Byron yesterday, two guys (with g/f's in tow) were zooming in/out of traffic on their bikes. It's one thing to be careless with your life, but to put someone else's life in danger is stupid. But I'm sure some girls love it and it makes them wet.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Me & Tom (Sandy rode in the WRX on the way back) where being a lil' careless on our way back from Byron....Average speed of 110mph+ on 39 & 88.....But we didnt cut in and out of traffic, just flashed and waited for people to get out the way.....

In all fairness though, if you're going to drive that fast, that's the way to do it. I think that if you're alone in the middle of nowhere by yourself (at least on your bike) going 110-120mph and getting cough would net a much less severe reaction from the officer vs weaving in and out of cars ya know? I'd bet they would knock the ticket down to not being arressted if you're all alone. Then again, if you're on a bike that traps 135+mph in the middle of nowhere and a cop starts to chase you, why the hell would you stop? :nutz:

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
From the Naperville Sun:
Records on file in DuPage County Circuit Court in Wheaton indicated Hinkle's driver's license was suspended for the first time in 1988, when he was 17. He was sentenced to prison in March 2008 on a felony charge of driving with a suspended or revoked license, after being stopped by police in Woodridge, court records showed.
Between 1987 and 2007, Hinkle received at least 26 traffic tickets and was arrested on six misdemeanor criminal charges in Westmont, Willowbrook and Woodridge, according to court records. Those crimes included theft, battery, resisting police and marijuana possession, court records indicated.
Most of Hinkle's traffic citations involved driving with a suspended or revoked license, court records showed. He was ticketed 13 times between April 1990 and July 1996 for driving with a suspended license and four times between May 1997 and April 2000 for driving with a revoked license before receiving the 2008 prison sentence, according to court records.

This guy must have been a complete moran

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info