my experience at woodfield chevy

Slolane

Who's The Masta!?!
Mar 27, 2009
Hoffman Estates
hey all, so i had my 04Z06 over at woodfield chevy for some issues i was having..i have taken my vette there before for a broken valve spring.

when i would get on it and go through the gears i would grind 4th gear and sometimes it wouldnt even let me into 4th gear..so i figured my synchros are going bad..so i took my car into woodfield chevy because i still have a month left of warranty..i keep in touch with the service manage every day and he told me they couldn't find anything wrong except for some markings on the synchros and what their gonna do is "overhaul" my trans and just replace everything..but there is one part that got discontinued..mind you this is only a $1.50 part..i think he said snap ring or somethin..so he tells me it looks like their going to have to order a whole new trans..which of course i said sweet! and had nooooo problem with that haha.brand new trans for the price of a $100 deductable.:naughty:..they got stuck with a $4900 bill because of a $1.50 part..

.now on to the things i HAVE a problem with..:squint:

my car was at woodfield for a little over a week..(got it back today)...yesterday i go in to woodfield to check out my car..i go in the shop and see my car in the air with 4 jacking arms holding it up..now this being a CHEVY dealer they should know on corvettes the rocker panels made of plastic reinforced fiberglass wraps under the frame and that their are notches to put jacking pucks in place to not put any pressure on the fiberglass..i go check out my car and immediately i notice..the Arms are right on my fiberglass with NO pucks..( as u can see in the picture below)..and i notice on the driver side some nice chips and scratches in the paint right next to the arms..i go to the passenger side and the fiberglass where both arms are are CRACKED alll the way through ..i talk to the mechanic and tell them their suppose to use pucks and all he has to say oh we try to be very careful with these cars being corvettes and such n such..i go straight to the service manager and tell him about the cracks n he said he will go back there with his manager n check it out..talk to his manager today and he said i can bring it in next week or setup a appointment with a body shop to get it the damages fixed and replaced..other than all that i recieved my car veerryyy filthy which i didnt have a problem with because i dont want them using shop towels to clean my car but what pissed me off was that there was grease on my front fender close to the wheel well..:madfawk:

moral of the story i wont be taking my car back there ever again
sorry for the long story just needed to vent a little haha

0907101045.jpg

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
this just reinforces why i do my own work and pretty much beg my buddy ( who i knew @ the dealer i worked at ) to work on the more major stuff.

that's the problem with warranties, you can get out of the $$$$ repairs, but this is the headache you deal with. fucking hacks, it figures you have to get the shit guy.

sorry dude,
i would definitely make sure its getting new parts and a body shop is painting it.
if not, then tell them you want $ and you will have "your" place fix it.

or, get a quote from your place and submit it to the dealer, and they can pay.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I would for sure get quotes from shops of your choosing. I wouldn't let some hack dealer do it. Call the guys at autowerks; they do amazing work.

Id also document everything in pictures and make sure it's written on whatever paperwork you get with your car. You could also call your insurance agent and ask what you should do. He/she may even do the work for you on getting the dealer to pay

Slolane

Who's The Masta!?!
Mar 27, 2009
Hoffman Estates
LOL.....Chevy Depending on how bad it is, you may not want them to "fix" it. By them repainting the panels and "bondoing" it, it may make it worse, and swirl the entire door.

why is why i said fix and ...replace..the driver side just has a couple chips that can be touched up but im thinking about telling them to replace both rocker panels..the passenger side deff. needs to be replaced..i found out the fiberglass where they had the other jacking arm is Cracked also.. MotherFckers!!!
BTW. idk if u can see in the picture but the rocker panels are not apart of the door.
this just reinforces why i do my own work and pretty much beg my buddy ( who i knew @ the dealer i worked at ) to work on the more major stuff.

that's the problem with warranties, you can get out of the $$$$ repairs, but this is the headache you deal with. fucking hacks, it figures you have to get the shit guy.

sorry dude,
i would definitely make sure its getting new parts and a body shop is painting it.
if not, then tell them you want $ and you will have "your" place fix it.

or, get a quote from your place and submit it to the dealer, and they can pay.

im for sure not letting them ttouch my car ever again..i was talking to a guy on the vette forum and he said to get these rocker panels off is a REAL pain in the ass..i guess their bonded on and they have to be chizzled off..and bonded back on and alligned ...wasnt my f*ck up so i dont care what has to be done as long as my car gets new parts and is back to shape

Slolane

Who's The Masta!?!
Mar 27, 2009
Hoffman Estates
well heres an update with MORE BAD NEWS...i dropped my vette off at chevy last wed. and the agreement was that 2 new rocker panels were going to be ordered and my car should be done on friday..i said cool..come friday i get no call so i decide to call them.he tells me there was an issue and hes gonna call me back in a few minutes .. ok Fing GREAT! ..after waiting 2 hours with no call i decide to go in..i walk into his office and he gives me a dirty look and i say "whats broken now" he tells me to have a seat with attitude and says u know im really frustrated that you came here..i said i was gonna give u a call when i get answers..and that really pi$$ed me off..i gave him attitude right back..supposedly they want to blame previous damage caused from bottoming out or wear n tear..the front of the passenger side rocker panel (which they put 2 crack in) is slightly chipped broken off for w.e reason..and they dont want to replace it due to that..i tell him idc about the previous wear and tear damage.you guys broke my rocker panel in two spots and i want it replaced!..

so i talk to the Service manager and he gives me the same story and i gave him the same story back..i want my rocker panel that YOU GUYS broke in TWO SPOTS replaced..ok cool..new agreement is new passenger side rocker panel replaced..driver side rocker panel (that they only put a few chips in) be re-painted..which is fine with me

so today i decide to give them a call and ask when my vette is gonna be ready.oh look what a surprise a new story...supposedly they cant find anyone with a rocker panel for a 04Z06..and he tells me that its been turned into GM for a special part request or w.e..so basically i gotta wait for them to find a part IF there is one out there..because the computer said their not obsolete ..so he said u can leave your car here or u can pick it up till we find the part..so i go to pick it up and what a surprise my vette was left outside all week in the RAIN! and my interior is full of a body shops dust or w.e all over my panels, seat and door.it's kinda understandable that they gotta leave my car outside but to get that Sh** all over my interior is ridiculous ..i'm really at my limits with this dealer

Oreif

Crazy Little Child
Oct 17, 2008
Schaumburg
so today i decide to give them a call and ask when my vette is gonna be ready.oh look what a surprise a new story...supposedly they cant find anyone with a rocker panel for a 04Z06..and he tells me that its been turned into GM for a special part request or w.e..so basically i gotta wait for them to find a part IF there is one out there..because the computer said their not obsolete ..so he said u can leave your car here or u can pick it up till we find the part..so i go to pick it up and what a surprise my vette was left outside all week in the RAIN! and my interior is full of a body shops dust or w.e all over my panels, seat and door.it's kinda understandable that they gotta leave my car outside but to get that Sh** all over my interior is ridiculous ..i'm really at my limits with this dealer

Funny, I just checked with www.gmpartsdirect.com and found that you can order the part from GM without any problems. They run around $400 and have them for the coupe, convertable, and Z06.
Maybe you should have them check out the website.
Here is the link to the catalog page:
http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/catalog/?CFID=8004011&CFTOKEN=95948193
Just select the Corvette and search the body and collision section.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I was looking for some supercharger gaskets for the GTP a few weeks ago and it was a Saturday and I needed them asap. The dealer (hoskins) that I normally buy parts from with my dads account didn't have any in stock. So I went over to Woodfield. I went in and asked for two gaskets. The guy then gave me attitude and said in a loud voice the car only has one gasket. Then I got into WHY I needed two and the parts guy didn't seem to understand. So he leaves and comes back with one gasket and says that's all they got. Fuck them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info