in-line fuel pumps

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
how many people use them? can i use an in-line pump in conjunction to my pump in the tank? as like a secondary pump just in case?

if not i will be buying a prj pump at some point. but how necessary is the harness? is it hard to wire or something?

sorry to be a noob but i have yet to learn everything. :rollpicard:

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
You can use two pumps, but you don't get a 1:1 increase out of the 2nd pump. What are you trying to accomplish?

well i am having a fueling problem (at WOT and boost above 8#'s...it was fine for a couple weeks at like 15#) the fuel pressure drops down to like 37psi. i am not sure if it is the pump or the regulator. i ordered an adjustable regulator but it hasn't came in yet. but i bought my pump used so it could also be that. so i was just thinking about throwing an in-line pump on the car. :dunno: i figured it may pick up the slack that the other one has (if the pump is the problem)

hope that's not to confusing, i've had a few to drink :rollpicard:

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
What pump will you be running? One pump should be able to handle your power levels I'd suspect.

a single pump could def. handle my power level. i just dont know of any good in-tank pumps besides one from prjperformance for $225 and i dont want to spend that much if i dont have to. i figured i could get a in-line one for a lot cheaper

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
many options....

1) walbro 255 intank would be the easiest - for most cars its almost twice the flow and fits in stock tanks

2) walbro 255 intank to another 255 inline - budget builds use this setup a lot

3) walbro 255 intank to a Bosch 044 inline pump - pretty common among anybody looking to get a little more out of a 2 walbro 255s - little more pricey though, but still budget friendly

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info