mmmm chicken strips...

sp_dynasty

I AM THE STIG
Oct 2, 2008
I see. Where are some good twisty roads at anyways, I've been wanting to beat up on the M3 lately.

as of now my retarded friends and i take our chances through starved rock but its very short and not very smooth, ive been looking for better roads, ive heard there are some real nice twistys around the nuke plant by byron but ive never been on them

KAR

Rip Riski
Jan 4, 2010
Elk Grove
Nothing wrong with a Strech on a big CC bike. I've seen streched 600's tho super gay :greddy2:

And dan repaving will take a coons age lol remember last time

fixed it for ya there. I actualy do like taking twisties as riding a bike striaght for so many miles gets boring, ex. Riding to Byron is boring for me as it's pretty much 90 west and it's pretty damn striaght line.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I can say even with the crappy 71 i still drive like an asshole through there with my friends at 2am-4am. It's soooo much fun, i took my s2000 there, my focus SVT, my DSM, and even my gp. I love that road, nothing compares to the twisties up and down that road. We have been caught time and time again by the police and they don't say anything but watching out for the bikers that go up and down the road. B/A cops out in booofoooofucksvilleihatedrivingthatfar-ville.

sp_dynasty

I AM THE STIG
Oct 2, 2008
fixed it for ya there. I actualy do like taking twisties as riding a bike striaght for so many miles gets boring, ex. Riding to Byron is boring for me as it's pretty much 90 west and it's pretty damn striaght line.
agreed thats why i think im gonna stick with 600's i dont need a hella fast bike lol
I can say even with the crappy 71 i still drive like an asshole through there with my friends at 2am-4am. It's soooo much fun, i took my s2000 there, my focus SVT, my DSM, and even my gp. I love that road, nothing compares to the twisties up and down that road. We have been caught time and time again by the police and they don't say anything but watching out for the bikers that go up and down the road. B/A cops out in booofoooofucksvilleihatedrivingthatfar-ville.
lol i take my GP through there like an ass too but the bikes are even better practly knee draggin
Where is 71???
ever been to ottawa or starved rock?
and dont let this talk fool you, 71 is fun but its only a few miles of fun, better then nothing tho

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
A couple miles of fun AKA what we're talking about is THE MOST fun around here. Period. We have tried so many places, but nothing comes to the 71 starved rock area. We're like a stupid crew of idiots that find the most twisties we can, then proceed to drive like idiots down them. So far we have lost a 2004VW golf, almost lost a special edition Miata (turbo), almost lost an 87 240 (sr20 swapped awesomeness), 92 civic hatch, a bunch of wheels, control arms, balljoints, etc. We have had A LOT of fun being idiots there. In all fairness before someone brings it up there's really only one way in and one way out. We have people on either side with CB radio's that let ALL of us know there's a car coming so we don't hurt anyone but ourselves. We're all out to have fun, but we're not into hurting innocent people on their way home from work either. As dumb as it sounds we are very "careful" in what we do, not really sure how you can say that without it sounding dumb :rofl:

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Yea McKinley is nice too. That actually turns into old gentalmens rd after the city limits. Lol there are some nice curves that go past south bluff golf
course by oglesby. And then E2603rd road that goes from Norway to the south side of sherdian is some curves too

Ahh, good ol' norway. Havent been through there in a loooong time. That road is pretty curvy though for a couple of miles. It wasnt very fun driving an overweight box truck though.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Tail of the dragon.

Yep, this is the deal. I was on a stretch of US129 a few weeks ago when I was in Tennessee. Literally corner after corner, up and down hills for 10+ miles. Amazing drive, I compare it to highway One. It was like driving in a car commercial. I saw these guys out taking pictures. http://www.us129photos.com/

lol @ people saying US71 is the best. That stretch near starved rock is probably only a few miles long and a few good corners. Its noting special at all IMO.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info