Heading to the drag strip

KAR

Rip Riski
Jan 4, 2010
Elk Grove
Instead of side tracking other threads and creating new threads in the meet section, I figured I'd start our own thread for when we are going the track.

Talk about anything dealing with the track for us bikers.

Hubbard and Sp dynasty you guys are going this Sunday right?
I had a change of plans for this Saturday so I might see you guys there as they are calling for rain tomorrow.

Also I'm going the 28th

KAR

Rip Riski
Jan 4, 2010
Elk Grove
Well ended up going up to GLD, last minute thing from another friend. Ended up cutting a new best 60ft at 1.59 :) and had two other 1.6 60ft's, didn't run any of my passes full out in fear of getting kicked out since I don't have leather pants. I did run it though to the 1000 ft mark before shutting her down. Now I just gotta remember how I did those 60fts and become more consistent with them.

And I will not be going to Byron tomorrow(the 22) but will still be going next week. Hopefully I can duplicat that 1.59 again.

KAR

Rip Riski
Jan 4, 2010
Elk Grove
I've heard of that happening before by my one buddy who went that same day I believe you went. But this is also why I'm gonna get into the class as it'll atleast give me three runs and then after that I'll just move into the t&t runs. I also plan on getting there a half hour before they start the t&t runs and then stay as late as I feel fit.

sp_dynasty

I AM THE STIG
Oct 2, 2008
I've heard of that happening before by my one buddy who went that same day I believe you went. But this is also why I'm gonna get into the class as it'll atleast give me three runs and then after that I'll just move into the t&t runs. I also plan on getting there a half hour before they start the t&t runs and then stay as late as I feel fit.

not a bad idea you have there.. im dissapointed in byron this year, every times ive been less then 5 runs, last year i had 10+ every time:dunno:

KAR

Rip Riski
Jan 4, 2010
Elk Grove
not a bad idea you have there.. im dissapointed in byron this year, every times ive been less then 5 runs, last year i had 10+ every time:dunno:

I only went once last year near the end of the year, but so far this year everytime I've gone I've gotten atleast 6 runs in and I could have stayed longer to get more in if I had wanted to. By the way I believe it's an extra 15 to get into the brackets, but I believe if you place you'll get money :) . I'll keep dreaming.

sp_dynasty

I AM THE STIG
Oct 2, 2008
Lol there might be an 11.00 class :dunno: but bracket racing is more who can get the reaction time off the tree to get to the end first. Hence a 10.60 can beat a 10.50 pass if the slower guy has good reaction timing.
my best et so far was 11.13 last year so i could run an 11.00 class although my trees suck :squint: i need to work on those and maybe start bracket racing street riding is just boring but so is a straght line:dunno:

KAR

Rip Riski
Jan 4, 2010
Elk Grove
Lol yeah I know but having that power to get down in a straight line is part of the fun. I think the jow I get out of drag racing is well the obvious of being able to run wide open but more of luanching the bike and improving on it. The rush from the first time I ran a 1.7 60ft to actually feel that acceleration and now finally hitting that 1.59 has a drive in me to do it again and once I get consistent it'll be pushed to 1.4 60ft but ultimatly I wanna know I got ran the bike to it's full potential and if a pro hopped on it he may only run .1 quicker which would drive me even more becuase well he did it so I wanna do it to.

KAR

Rip Riski
Jan 4, 2010
Elk Grove
I get where your coming from. Working on the launch is sooo fun even on my 600. I just can't wait till I can go to a road course heh heh heh

And it being stock wheelbase which is one thing less I have to worry about but becuase of that it takes me out of the twisties, well atleast to being able to really lean the bike. That's one thing I wish I was able to do, stock wheelbase bike in the future??? Haha I wish I had the money but I'd mostlikly get a bike for cruising if I was to get a second bike. Plus a stockwheel base crotch rocket would tempt me to much to doing wheelies.

sp_dynasty

I AM THE STIG
Oct 2, 2008
And it being stock wheelbase which is one thing less I have to worry about but becuase of that it takes me out of the twisties, well atleast to being able to really lean the bike. That's one thing I wish I was able to do, stock wheelbase bike in the future??? Haha I wish I had the money but I'd mostlikly get a bike for cruising if I was to get a second bike. Plus a stockwheel base crotch rocket would tempt me to much to doing wheelies.

some how i am able to resist the urge to wheelie, idk how i stop myself

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info