I knew I hate chevrolet for a reason

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Things that have gone wrong/broken/failed in my cobalt SS in the 2 months I've owned it:

Power steering pump (Recall, Covered)
Driver side front wheel bearing (Covered)
Fuel pressure sensor (Not covered)
Heated seat controls (Not covered)
Keyfob (Not Covered)

And they are now Diagnosing why it has a surging throttle issue...
:ford:

I'm willing to take a hit on trading this car in already...... I can't believe how poorly this car was built... It felt solid when I test drove it, great little power train, great mpg, but everything that is not the engine is apparently disintegrating....

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
it's a cobalt. what did you expect?

For everything to not fall to pieces like a daweoo leganza?

I put 48K on my 2007 ford focus, not a single fucking PEEP out of that car, Just gas, oil and a set of tires, nothing else every rattled, failed, or otherwise broke...

I got a copy of all the warranty repairs done to my cobalt yesterday also, its had the climate controls replaced twice, and the heated seats once already, as well as: both axle seals, lower control arm, another wheel bearing, and a clutch (And assembly the sheet says) at 8K miles.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I am quite sure that you didnt drive it nicely....and beat the shit out of it

Driving it nicely has no impact on the quality of a fuel pressure sensor, or the heated seats, or the keyfob, or the recall....

Wheel bearing I could understand being caused through aggressive wear, thats not what I'm bitter about though.

surging throttle on a dbw setup means it time to clean the coking around the throttle blade/bore

This is what I have been told, and suspect.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Cobalts are shit tier cars made to satisfy rental companies and the like... Made as cheaply as possible to get the highest profit per sale. Take that as a foundation and try to add features like heated seats and a 260hp engine and shit rolls downhill very fast. Can't believe you don't need control arm bushings or ball joints yet

BillyBru

FoodHead
Apr 29, 2008
Girl-Peeing-Urinal-In-Mens-Bathroom-1LG.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info