Well Its Offical GTO is Gone

mr.gto

Deleted New Name
Jul 27, 2009
This past saturday I traded cars with my buddy because I was tired of fighting with the random noises..... having an IRS.... and being a stupid heavy car.....

I now own a 99 SS Camaro Red with T tops.

Car has set of Z06 wheels and tires for normal driving, set of weld wheels with slicks and skinnes for racing.

4400 stall to a soon to be built Transmisson, 373 Gear with auburn Posi unit, ported and bigger valved heads, 1.8 rockers, LS6 Corvette cam, Qa1 coil overs in front and shocks in rear, lowered all around. headers and a cut out

Im probable forgetting something but car is sick fast It looks totally stock minus tires and the exhaust.

She went 11.3 at 117 MPH at 66 and did 11.6 at pinks all out. I know some of u were there its in that picture thread here is the pic of it at pinks

jasonlaunch.jpg

DSCF1646.jpg

What u think?> im loading a video from pinks now

Shibby50

TCG Elite Member
Mar 30, 2008
Braidwood, IL
......seriously?

:ugh:

I wish he wasn't so impatient about it all. Could have sold the gto. Or at least parted it out. The guy wanted 11k for the camaro..

Hell, I would have bought it and parted it out or sold it if I could have got a loan.

But said he was tired of it and didn't want to fix the second gear syncro in it and the rear end was making noises he didn't want to mess with.

:drums:

mr.gto

Deleted New Name
Jul 27, 2009
I got the trans coming for it.... the car is in much better shape it never drives like ever.... it just sits in the garage. Has flawless paint while mine had rock chips over the front, its lighter, lowered launches better runs faster and i def overall like how it drives. I dunno.... I couldnt wait and part stuff out and fiddle around I leave for school aug 23 other wise I would have.

Shibby50

TCG Elite Member
Mar 30, 2008
Braidwood, IL
I got the trans coming for it.... the car is in much better shape it never drives like ever.... it just sits in the garage. Has flawless paint while mine had rock chips over the front, its lighter, lowered launches better runs faster and i def overall like how it drives. I dunno.... I couldnt wait and part stuff out and fiddle around I leave for school aug 23 other wise I would have.

I just think that your car stock would have been a good trade, not with 16k into it.

mr.gto

Deleted New Name
Jul 27, 2009
I just think that your car stock would have been a good trade, not with 16k into it.

yea well putting my car back to stock would have taken a while..... many long hours and nights and prob week or more. and I just didnt have the time. Plus with all the probs the GTO had it would have been hard to tell it espceailly with that noise from the rear

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info