Its too hot!!!!

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Well for the last couple days, my a/c has been going out intermittently. I'd just be driving and the compressor would kick off for about a minute, then kick back on. repeat a few minutes later. I just HAD my a/c in for service like a month or 2 ago, cuz i had a cracked hose and it was leaking. So they replaced the one hose, then found another one that was cracked so they replaced that one, and its been fine ever since.

I figured I might have another leak....until I stopped out somewhere after work today, got back into my car, and happend to look at my water temp gauge, which was just about pegged all the way at the top. I popped the hood, looked at my coolant overflow bottle, which was full. So I kinda limped it home and noticed that once I get goin and get some nice air flow the temp goes back down a little, and the a/c will kick back on, then it'll start to rise again and once it gets near the top the a/c will kick off again, i presume to try and vent some heat out of the engine.

Bottom line is, doesnt look like an a/c problem afterall, but I almost wish it was.

Thoughts? bad thermostat? .......bad water pump? :wtc: (god i hope not, knock on wood)

As you can imagine this has me a little concerned as the temp out here has been 115+ degrees all week. Its definently not helping the situation any.

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Well, I have a 180* t-Stat in my car. When its sits in humid weather running it gets all the way up to about 205*. When I start moving or switch my fans on the temp goes down rather quickly. Now with the AC on my car starts to struggle even more. Its puts a lot of stress on the car when the AC is on. I dont have to worry about that right now because I have no air DAMIT!!!

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
All signs are pointing to the thermostat so far. Its in the lower radiator hose, and when i got home from work i stuck my hand down there and grabbed it, and it wasnt hot at all. it was kidna warm, but i think that's from the all the other heat in the engine. Not like the upper radiator hose, which would burn my eyes if i even looked at it.

that means tsat no opening

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
sure was my thermostat. apparently was only opening halfway. but man, if that was only halfway, im sure glad it didnt stick closed, otherwise i probably wouldve blown up my car. haha. the temp gauge was basically pegged by the time i got over to the dealer today, and its only like a 15 minute drive. but when its 111 out, things tend to heat up quickly. i was just waiting for something to pop and spew boiling coolant all over my windshield when i was driving over there. i pick her up tomorrow, woo. also flushed the coolant, and got that replaced cuz its been needing it anyways, and threw in an oil change cuz i was due for one of those too....now if i can just get him to toss in an spt intake i might be all set.....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info