Speeding bikers taunt trooper after crash

Jean Ralphio

beautiful, clean coal
May 28, 2008
SEATTLE —

A Washington State Patrol trooper chasing a group of speeding motorcyclists on Interstate 5 rolled his car and ended up injured in a ditch Tuesday evening as two bikers returned to taunt him, a fellow trooper said.

Trooper Brian Salyer, 46, of Spanaway, was pursuing a group of at least nine members of a south King County motorcycle group traveling northbound at "well over 100 mph," Trooper Cliff Pratt said. As Salyer tried to close in on the fastest biker, he told Pratt that two other bikers cut him off.

"Had he not slowed down and slammed on the brakes, he would have hit them," Pratt said. "At his speed that made him lose control."

Salyer managed to call for help on his cell phone. Then as he sat injured, bleeding and trapped in his car just south of Seattle, he looked up to see several of the bikers had returned, with two in particular laughing and taunting him, Pratt said.

They all took off when they heard sirens in the distance, Pratt said.

Salyer, a 22-year State Patrol veteran, was treated for a concussion, bruises and cuts at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.

Troopers "have good descriptions on the group and some specific riders," Pratt said, and are searching for the bikers.

Pratt said the State Patrol is concerned not only by the motorcyclists' speed "with no regard for the safety of anybody else" but also by their failure to render assistance to an obviously injured crash victim.

:rollpicard:

And in other news, looks like there was a short bike chase up here on Randall last night..

http://www.nwherald.com/articles/2010/08/11/82493767/index.xml

A Crystal Lake man with alcohol and cocaine in his system was listed in fair condition today after leading a police officer on a chase and crashing his motorcycle late Tuesday, officials said.

Mark A. Schlarb, 34, was airlifted to Advocate Condell Medical Center in Libertyville.

According to a news release, at 11:22 p.m. a Crystal Lake police officer was conducting radar enforcement along Rakow Road at Virginia Road when two people riding motorcycles were observed traveling west at a high rate of speed, passing the officer in the opposite direction.

The radar registered 80 mph in a 45 mph zone. The officer then turned west on Rakow Road, activated his overhead lights and siren, and attempted to perform a traffic stop, police said.

The motorcyclists accelerated as they continued west on Rakow Road, passing vehicles traveling in the same direction in a no passing zone, police said. The officer continued following them as they merged onto Randall Road and then turned onto Ackman Road.

About four-tenths of a mile behind the motorcyclists as they continued to accelerate while west on Ackman Road, the officer lost sight of the motorcylist who was in the lead, but observed the second motorcyclist turn north onto Amberwood Drive.

The officer turned onto Amberwood Drive from Ackman Road and lost sight of the second motorcyclist – identified as Schlarb – but continued north and saw him and his vehicle lying in the roadway.

The officer requested rescue and administered aid. Crystal Lake Fire Department paramedics transported Schlarb to Centegra Hospital - Woodstock. He was then flown to Advocate Condell Medical Center.

The investigation continues in regard to the initial traffic violations and subsequent crash. Because an officer was involved in the pursuit prior the crash, Crystal Lake police requested the assistance of the McHenry County Sheriff's Office. Charges are pending against Schlarb due to the ongoing investigation and his medical condition.

The other motorcyclist has been identified, but police are withholding his identification due to the ongoing investigation.

Riski

Suck my balls!
Jun 23, 2009
North Aurora

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
I didn't realize that these bikers were learned doctors. Well, that totally changes my thoughts on this matter.

Truth.

They didn't know they came back to laugh, it isn't like they crawled down in the ditch to assess the guy's situation.

Ignorant bikers, I don't want to say they deserved to be run off the road, but they do deserve what is coming to them.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I didn't realize that these bikers were learned doctors. Well, that totally changes my thoughts on this matter.
:rofl:

I think if you're running from the cops at a high rate of speed you should be dealt with the same regardless of the vehicle. :dunno: too many people can get hurt in a situation like this.

Chrisco

is a work in progress
Jan 26, 2008
Downers Grove, IL.
I am sure they where able to see the dude was not gonna die now....Thus why they even went back to the wreck.....
If they saw ti and kept getting it, you have a point but how many of us would go back after fuckin with the cop?

Not me.....

How can you say they were sure he wasn't gonna die before going back? They cut him off and forced him into a rollover off the road. They saw what they did, and instead of offering help, they TAUNTED the guy. I can't believe you're even thinking about defending these people.

Chrisco

is a work in progress
Jan 26, 2008
Downers Grove, IL.
You guys are ASSUMING the worst....

For all we know they could of came back to see a dead cop, or just to see if he was alive, needed assistance....I am sure not every one of the bikes came back as stated.....the ones who stoped prob didnt even cut him off.....

The endless internet debate starts.....

Why wouldn't you assume the worst... the fucking guy just rolled his car over 90 MPH...

Being a cocky asshole is fine and all... don't be a fucking moron.

Riski

Suck my balls!
Jun 23, 2009
North Aurora
How can you say they were sure he wasn't gonna die before going back? They cut him off and forced him into a rollover off the road. They saw what they did, and instead of offering help, they TAUNTED the guy. I can't believe you're even thinking about defending these people.

Not depfending anyone.....NO ONE KNOWS WHO OR HOW IT TRUELY HAPPENED!

Cops tell the truth 100% of the time too....

in4dashcam!

The part is hard for me to swallow is that the bikes where going voer 100mph.....and the cop caught them and was cut off by a few bikes......cop car can catch bikes on the highway now? :ugh:

Chrisco

is a work in progress
Jan 26, 2008
Downers Grove, IL.
The part is hard for me to swallow is that the bikes where going voer 100mph.....and the cop caught them and was cut off by a few bikes......cop car can catch bikes on the highway now? :ugh:

I admit, this part has me being skeptical as well, as I thought cops weren't supposed to chase bikes over a certain speed due to risk of personal injury/property damage, but that doesn't change the fact that the guy ended up in a ditch while in pursuit of people who broke the law. All we can do is go by the published story; it's not like the bikers are gonna come out and say, "NO WAY THAT'S NOT HOW IT HAPPENED... WE ONLY CUT HIM OFF AT 65MPH, FUCKIN LIAR!"

Riski

Suck my balls!
Jun 23, 2009
North Aurora
That is if they even came back at all, or even cut the cop off,.....dash cams tell a lot....Maybe the cop lost control and rolled in the chase and the bikes where not even near him....so many options, and the story is off the cops word unless the is video......

either way fucked up and I would nto want to ride if I lived in Seattle right now truth or not truth on this story

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info