Best Roads in the Chii?

LiveFast

Mar 30, 2010
So I know I havnt been very active on this forum, for a while and theres alot of new members, but just read a REALLY good article on Speedhunters
" http://speedhunters.com/archive/2010/08/03/car-life-izu-touring.aspx "
about guys getting up and going for a really good drive on really good roads and it got me the thinking...

Now for those of you that dont know I got out the DSM game 3 years ago this oct when I had to "Grow Up" fast for some personal reasons and since Ive been limited to a Simple Saturn Ion, Still I keep in contact and stay in the know about all things motor-sport.

The question I wanted to ask is

What and where are the best roads in and around chitown?

Now before all you non-racing keyboards **** bitch at me for asking such a forbidden question understand I DON'T NEED TO KNOW RDS WHERE ILLEGAL THINGS HAPPEN! I prob know more about all of them than half of you combined anyways...

And for you guys who don't condone this sort festive driving on public rds, pay me and this post no mind and neither of us will of lost any time or money...

What I'm looking for is those good enjoyable, sometimes dangerous, and "rarely" illegal rds that you would recommend to a driving enthusiast to enjoy?
on their own or in small groups?

If you want Google Map link the points etc...

Maybe in the future, Me and some of my close friends "You" can enjoy these...

Oreif

Crazy Little Child
Oct 17, 2008
Schaumburg
There are quite a few roads around that are nice for a fun cruise. Our local Fiero club does a spring and fall tour. We usually find back roads to drive. Near Rock State Park and quite a few in southern Wisconsin are great. One year we went up I-94 into Wisconsin and took 75th (turns into 50) from Kenosha across to Lake Geneva in the fall. There are 2 small towns but the rest is just winding roads thru the wilderness. Had a lunch in LG and then cruised down route 12 back here.
If your interested in the Rock State park route we took, I'd have to look it up, But there were a couple of roads with some nice twisties and a straightway or two.

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
Now before all you non-racing keyboards **** bitch at me for asking such a forbidden question understand I DON'T NEED TO KNOW RDS WHERE ILLEGAL THINGS HAPPEN! I prob know more about all of them than half of you combined anyways...

And for you guys who don't condone this sort festive driving on public rds, pay me and this post no mind and neither of us will of lost any time or money...

:mamoru:

LiveFast

Mar 30, 2010
Yeah, ive only been to starved rock once and it was cold and rainy. def need to check that out sometime before summers end. is there a specific route or anything? i know when we went it was like multiple parks out there but I guess when your driving to just drive you cant get lost :)

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
careful, he knows a lot more than us joel.

I hear I290 and I355 are really nice nowadays.

/douchebag
I'm just confused on the hostility yet this dude is asking for help

Its like walking up to somebody at target and telling them "FUCK YOU!" then asking them where the bathroom is. :rofl:

LiveFast

Mar 30, 2010
So you're just looking for nice roads to drive up and down? What's with all the shit talk? :rofl:

not a cop.
sorry about all the shit talk. i reposed this from chitowndsm. and they give everybody alot of shit about everything.

not tryna race. just looking for good roads to cruise, and enjoy with a group of friends on a early morning like in the post.

so far some people have talked about Bemes Rd. in Crete.
http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=41.409792&lon=-87.594923&zoom=16&q1=bemis rd, crete IL

StageCoach/Indiana Dunes:
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&c...us 12 indiana dunes&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

and alot of people tell me good things about starved rock.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info