2011 5.0 Gets Turbo, 543 rwhp @ 6 psi

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Its probably going to be similar levels to what the LS based motors have been doing. 6lbs is pretty safe, 9lbs is about the most you can get away with and keep it alive for any amount of time. With all the bolt on goodies and a cams/heads I bet you could get away with around 7xx HP at the wheels.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
not that im swinging off of my hemi or anything but... similar results with similar boost...

http://www.lethalperformance.com/6-...-33539?zenid=e638a957414895c5b6b74de8da5af2c7

**Lethal Performance is proud to announce the release of Hellion Power Systems highly anticipated 6.1L HEMI Twin Turbo Systems for the Dodge SRT8 platform.** This new system features the same top-quality components and construction that all Hellion systems feature, as well as the top-tier results. How about over 500 rear wheel horsepower with only 5 psi...on pump gas, and over 1,000 rear wheel horsepower capable. Complete systems with twin 58mm Turbonetics turbos, TurboSmart wastegates, and thoroughly researched and designed components mean these systems are the best on the market

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Its probably going to be similar levels to what the LS based motors have been doing. 6lbs is pretty safe, 9lbs is about the most you can get away with and keep it alive for any amount of time. With all the bolt on goodies and a cams/heads I bet you could get away with around 7xx HP at the wheels.
I'm wondering what the bottom end can handle. If you're doing heads/cam/FI then compression could be lowered a bit.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
in for ~500 rwhp Heads/Cams combo... love the new 5.0's

someone just got an automatic one into the 10's with a gear, drag radials, 125 shot, headers, and tune.

I don't think you will get much from that combo. You have great breathing heads and a sophisticated VVT setup. We MIGHT see 450whp N/A, but that's still kind of optimisitic. What I will say is that from everything that I've read, these cars will respond well to boost. The sophisticated adaptive knock sensors are going to be a lifesaver for guys that are running boost.

Jean Ralphio

beautiful, clean coal
May 28, 2008
I don't think you will get much from that combo. You have great breathing heads and a sophisticated VVT setup. We MIGHT see 450whp N/A, but that's still kind of optimisitic. What I will say is that from everything that I've read, these cars will respond well to boost. The sophisticated adaptive knock sensors are going to be a lifesaver for guys that are running boost.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.
MIGHT see 450rwhp N/A?? :rofl: :rofl:
cmon jason.. Livernois made 430 rwhp with nothing but an intake and OEM GT500 mufflers. 450 isnt going to be a problem.
:jg:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info