Any VW peeps here?

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
My uncle is having a nightmare with his 01 Jetta 1.8T. I guess it is an electrical disaster and wants to unload it. He asked if he could get money parting it out, but I dont really know that answer since I am not a VW follower or anything. So I am unsure if people buy parts off of that model or whatever.

Any info would be appreciated.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I know for sure its an auto. AFAIK the engine is in good running shape. It was in an accident awhile ago and the body shop did an meh job so there is some rust on the lower rocker panel on the rear drivers side.

Just waiting for a call back to get all the info. Feel free to post up any questions so I can relay and get the answers.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Ok, I got the laundry list. :rofl:

Its actually an 02 GLS 1.8T with the triptronic auto, 103K miles.

Back bumper is cracked
Missing the VW emblem in the front
ABS and brake light is on. (wheel speed sensor?)
Said it is kinda whining when running. Some shop suggested oil pump.
AC fans like to stay on and drain the battery.

Car has been driven very little since the whining started. He is borrowing my other uncles car and my moms car now for work so its just sitting. Its currently located at my other uncles house in Chicago. 63rd and Narraganzetish.

New tires, and some emissions equipment have just been replaced. He would like to go $1600 for the whole car.

Probably should have put this in the classifieds. :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info