Any help is appreciated

Runtz52

Runs like a turtle with downs syndrome
Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
SO my 94 integra (bone stock, 152k on it) wont start on its own, if i jump start it it will start but it turns over very slowly and then starts. ive tried putting different battery in, i changed the starter cut relay. i have absolutely no clue whats wrong with it. its got an aftermarket alarm with remote start on it which i think may be causing the issue. any ideas on what could be wrong would be greatly appreciated

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
start by fully charging the battery or verifying 12.2-12.4 volts, hook your jumper cable neg to bat neg and the other end to the block and try to start (your basically bypassing the oem ground) if it starts fine replace your ground cable.

if your carefull you can do the same to the power cable batt + to starter + terminal to verify if the + cable is ok

if neither bypass let her start right up youll have to pull the starter, just keep in mind that an unloaded bench test isnt 100% at diagnostics ive had more than a few pass the bench test but wont do shit when its got anything loading it down

Runtz52

Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
Just fill it with some window poly. $8 fix for broken mounts.

thats what i was gonna do, just dont have time to let it sit to cure.

got a new starter (which was a bitch to track down) , and the same thing happens, but i think both of the batteries i have are bad, one of them drops at about 1 volt a min so its not holding a charge, and the other sits at 12 volts but when i try to start the car it drops to about 6 volts, so it just cant handle a load. i can jump start the car and its runs fine, just think its the battery now

Runtz52

Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
Did you check the ground like james said? That could be an issue as well.

yes i did, i even did a continuity test with a multi meter to make sure everything is okay and it all checked out, everything now is pointing to the battery

Check your wiring. It could be a direct short somewhere. Or you could just try starting it with a battery from a buddies car to see if that help.

i took the optima out of my pacer and hooked it up to the terminals from my integra and it started, i need a new battery

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
yes i did, i even did a continuity test with a multi meter to make sure everything is okay and it all checked out, everything now is pointing to the battery

i took the optima out of my pacer and hooked it up to the terminals from my integra and it started, i need a new battery

a dvom will show continuity with just a single strand of wire that is unbroken...most dvom's only flow <50ma...the question is how much voltage drop you get when your trying to run 150-200 amps of current through it.

good that its just the batt but for future reference, youll want to compare batt voltage while trying to crank it and at the starter/block voltage while cranking...the difference is the voltage drop which is the measure of resistance at full current load.
alternatively you can put the pos lead at the starter + and the neg at the batt + and try to crank it and youl get the direct measure of voltage drop/differential

Runtz52

Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
a dvom will show continuity with just a single strand of wire that is unbroken...most dvom's only flow <50ma...the question is how much voltage drop you get when your trying to run 150-200 amps of current through it.

good that its just the batt but for future reference, youll want to compare batt voltage while trying to crank it and at the starter/block voltage while cranking...the difference is the voltage drop which is the measure of resistance at full current load.
alternatively you can put the pos lead at the starter + and the neg at the batt + and try to crank it and youl get the direct measure of voltage drop/differential

thanks for the info james, cars got a new battery and starter now, and shes purs like the japanese piece of shit that it is

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info