guess my hp and et....

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
heading up to grand rapids this weekend...if the weather holds up i plan to push it to its limits at the track....in the hunt for a 10 second pass, but who knows what it'll run lol.

no secret mods here....

running e85, 18ish* timing and on the dyno i'll be running 20 psi.

going to start with 20psi at the track, and see where that gets me...ill go up to 22-23 if i can/have to....

i dunno why but i like these "guess my et/hp" threads lol

no prizes just a good ole fashion :gives: lol

im going to be a pesimist (sp?) and say im going to run 11.16 @124 on 21 psi and dyno 475whp and 497 tq....

Oh god.... Wife is going to kill you if anything goes wrong.... But assuming all goes well wich hopefully it does.... I think you will get 10.9 or 11 flat! Hp I have no clue of what that is :dunno:! Is that a type of superturbo?
How much boost were you pushing last byron run..... Also gut that car :)! Still can't beleive what you ran with all interior still intact haha!

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
Nope just a ct kit with the stattama t67.

Don't want to gut it just yet, I like to keep the car looking decent. Regardless of what I run, I may gut it for the tcg dragday and shoot for a pb then too. Interior and other stuff may only add to 60-70 lbs. I can make up for that with an extra psi.

Last track day was 17 psi....

I'll post up some results tomorrow.

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
I'd at least dump the seats if you haven't already...that's a really really easy chunk of big weight. Pass seat is like 2 bolts and 1 nut, I used to be able to pull the pass seat in like 2 minutes...many a time I yanked the seat out and used it as a lawn chair, just because it was that easy.

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
ive had it gutted before when i was trying to run 11's with the blower....

i just hate the way it looks....i actually just found the two rear bolts for the passenger seat yesterday and put them in after like 2 years lol....

maybe i just dont care enough yet :dunno:

i can always shed some weight if im stuck at 11.000 at the track

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
tinted windows = no caring how the interior works.

I went as far as removing door panels once, but that's more of a pain in the nuts than it's worth. People who remove console/dash/etc on a street car have too much time imo.

People make too much of running decent times with "full interior" or "street trim," I didn't do all of these mods to give up on a few free hundredths/tenths whatever. The amount we're all willing to pay for an extra 5 hp, which would amount to much less of a difference than even mild weight reduction, was always more than enough rationale for me.

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
touche.....

dont get me wrong, my car is not full weight...it should weigh in a little less than 3500 with me in....

but the 25lbs ill save pulling the rear seats and passenger seat isnt worth it to me just yet. plus there is a chance that i'll have three other people in the car while we are in town maybe doing a poker run....so i need the seats...

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
fair enough, I figured you were trailering/not driving it outside of the track.

FWIW, I'd guess just the passenger seat is upwards of 50 lbs, but maybe that's way off, it's been forever since I messed with any of that. Seemed a good deal heavier than 25, though. I think the rears themselves are in the neighborhood of 20. Not going to make a huge difference, but I thought I remember an estimate of approximately a tenth per 80 pounds or something like that. Again, It's been forever, and I might be completely talking out of my ass. Take with grain of salt.

Anyhow, best of luck to you man, hard to find a better guy to root for!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info