im in a pickle.... need some input!

Wessel

The Paint Corrector
Oct 25, 2007
I think my trans is about to take its last breaths... So I'm debating on what to do. Either cough up the 2grand for trans rebuild or just get rid of the car before its done for... If I was to get rid of the GTP I wouldn't go back in years as far as anything goes. Only problem is I like to be different then every one else. Hence me getting the 04+ GP since everyone generally messes with the 97-03's. Please give some input guys!

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
complete one of the following...

1st..
-put front of car on jackstands
-drain trans
-FILL trans with lucas trans fix
-go to walmart
-buy a for sale sign
-fill out your info and paste in your windows
-park car somewhere busy
-take pictures
-post for sale on craigslist
-sell to first person the comes and makes an offer

orrr

2nd....
do the trans as i explained above, then...
-park it and wait for a stormy night
-go out driving around
-find a nice big curb and slide the car sidways into it
-if it still drives, repeat.
-call insurance company and collect your check.

either way is a good choice.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
You will prob want an 02+. Unless u find an 01 in white(rare).

01 is the way to go... It's got thinner glass and no HUD as well as cast wheels, hence it's much lighter than a 02-04. 385hp compared to 405 is picking the fly shit out of the pepper in retrospect. It's easier to add power than to remove weight. Besides, the fastest c5 is an 01

utryd2

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 3, 2009
North Aurora
I'll have to double check but they share the same glass and both have light wheels. the dif between 01 and newer is HUD, and the 02+ have better valves (sodium filled)in the heads and make a bit more power. Can't see why they would downgrade the newer model. I haven't really looked into the 01's to much. Google 02 z06 and there is a detailed article about the improvements over the 01. Either way a z06 is a bad ass car! I'm not that hard core, I keep adding weight haha.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info