When your car was new...

KnightFan26917

Old Cars, Strong Hearts
Apr 28, 2009
Elgin IL
Simple question:
What were you doing when your car was new?

My current family...

1972:
I was a year away from making my earthly debut.

1976:
I was 3 years old. I welcomed my parents' first Monte Carlo to the family, a 1976 model that I "claimed" as "mine" in later years. I was also a year away from my first open heart surgery.

1979:
I welcomed my baby sister to the world.

1981:
I finished first grade in the spring; started second grade in the fall.

1987:
I was in middle school ... and had to say goodbye to my best friend who died of an asthma attack.

Former members...

1988:
I finished middle school and entered the world of High School. I first started thinking about having one of every single YEAR of the Monte Carlo. I later re-thought that ... with the goal of one of each generation, which I completed March 2002.

1997:
I started my first full-time job, after graduating from college a year earlier. I also put my '79 MC Landau (first car) away for the winter and bought a new "daily driver".

2000:
I was one Monte Carlo away from completing the family, having bought the '81 MC SC from my parents December 1999 and the '76 MC Landau a year before that; I've never bought a Monte Carlo brand new. I was still working at the same company, but had switched jobs in late 1999, about the same time I bought the 2000 vehicle. Health wise, I was (unbeknownst to me at the time) 3 years away from my 3rd open heart surgery.

Cort | 36.m.IL | 5 Monte Carlos.1 Caprice Classic | pig valve.pacemaker * 07/24/2010=ChitownMeet #3 *
MCs.CC | models.HO.legos.CHD.RadioShows | RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"The thing I find most amazing in amazing grace is the chance to give it out" ... Brandon Heath ... 'I'm Not Who I Was'

Oreif

Crazy Little Child
Oct 17, 2008
Schaumburg
Current:

1986 ~ Buying it! :bigthumb:

2002 ~ Getting ready for the arrival of out 3rd child.

2006 ~ Same as now, working, family, car shows, fishing, Nothing stands out for this year.

Former:

1969 ~ I was 6 and my Dad bought a brand new 1969 GTO. I use to ride in the back seat with my "Speed Racer" helmet.

1976 ~ The year we moved from Chicago to Schaumburg

1979 ~ The year I got my license

1990 ~ Can't think of any milestones. I was 27 and single if that means anything.

1994(2) ~ Getting ready for our first child, the year we bought our house and a dog, married the previous year.

1998 ~ Having our 2nd child, the year the Fiero stopped being a daily driver and the start of many modifications.

2001 ~ The year our first child started school.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
1994 - i was in 6th grade ( mom bought a 1994 cutlass supreme which was later my 1st ride )
1998 - I was a sophomore in HS and my Z-28 went to its 1st home ( i bought it in 02 )

2002 - i was in my 2nd yr of college and a little sentra was being used by someone ( bought this in 05 as a DD when we moved from chi-town to elgin )

1999 - junior in HS when some one was looking for one of the top 4x4's in the world ( bought my wrangler in 06 after totalling the sentra )

2009 - bought my frontier new, drove to hazelwood MO to find a 6cyl, 6 spd 4x4 ( sold my wrangler to a college kid )

Frank Dukes

TCG Elite Member
May 5, 2009
Rockfordia
2003 - junior in high school. my love affair with w-bodies begins... my mom purchased the pricks brand new and i was driving a g-ride intrigue w/ chrome rims, blacked out windows and subs.

2008- my mom passed away that year. i bought the GP from her in 06 for 13k with 36 thousand miles on it and never looked back. Dont think I'll ever sell it. the Xterra however, i am kinda bored with already.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info