brothers 55 chevy

LSx S10

TCG Elite Member
Nov 15, 2007
Lombard, IL
My brother has been building this car for about 5 years now, sat in his garage for 4 years and finally he started working on it this winter and now it's finally on the road! in If you live in the lake county area and go to just about any car show, you will see this car. It was built by the rod smith, his name is craig and he does really amazing work.
http://www.therodsmith.com/index.php

Its a 55 Chevy post, paint is striker orange, roof and bumpers are silver with heavy metal flake. My crappy blackberry camera doesn't do this car justice at all. These pictures are about 2 weeks old. The car now has all chrome on it and was wet sanded and buffed one more time. Different intake on there now, those chrome risers were temporary.

small block dart little m block, 434 rotating assembly. Dart 235cc heads, 10.2:1 compression, edelbrock high rise dual quad intake, two holley 650 cfm manual secondary carbs. return style fuel system. This engine made 605hp on 93!! Built 700r4 with 3500 stall, ladder bar coil over set up, cage, ford 9 inch with strange center section, moser 31 spline axles, 3.88 gear. This car is so streetable... until the secondaries open haha. I'm trying to convince him to come to a lukes meet but he isn't a fan of modern muscle cars and that whole scene, doubt Ill be able to get him to stop by. But for now here are some pics. I have a couple of videos but they are in blackberry format and have no sound when i load them onto the computer. If someone can convert them id be happy to put those up. The sound of this car is something else.

IMG00195.jpg

IMG00198.jpg

IMG00201.jpg

IMG00200-1.jpg

Kill switch frenched into the rear bumper

IMG00199.jpg

IMG00197.jpg

IMG00203-1.jpg

IMG00204-1.jpg

Last edited:

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Haha it happens. Hey mook if i send you these videos, would you be able to convert them? I really want to get these videos posted. Even though the blackberry sound quality pretty much sucks

if theyre off your phone, you can upload em directly to youtube or photobucket. both accept phone formats.

LSx S10

TCG Elite Member
Nov 15, 2007
Lombard, IL
Damn tondo your brother has a sick ride!

Yea it really turned out nice. Craig over at rodsmith does some really good work, and he's very reasonable. The new bed i picked up, I am having him paint it for me. 400$ and its flawless. Looks like it came from the factory.

btw if you were coming with nick and me to pick up my engine, you would have gotten to see the 55 in person.. oh well!

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Yea it really turned out nice. Craig over at rodsmith does some really good work, and he's very reasonable. The new bed i picked up, I am having him paint it for me. 400$ and its flawless. Looks like it came from the factory.

btw if you were coming with nick and me to pick up my engine, you would have gotten to see the 55 in person.. oh well!
:fu: work screws me again! So what car shows are out by you? I usually just go to the barrington one but I'm all for going somewhere else

LSx S10

TCG Elite Member
Nov 15, 2007
Lombard, IL
Yesterday we went to one in libertyville, right off of milwaukee. Couple saturdays ago was the first car show the 55 made it to, it was at a dog n suds in fox lake. Mundelein puts on a big one i think every other wednesday right by 45 and 176. Thats really about it. Its a lot of fun just standing back and watching what the crowd does when this car pulls in. He almost couldn't park it because so many people were standing around it lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info