Finally got a bike

Hubbard 0

TCG Elite Member
Sep 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
Been wanting a bike for years. All my friends had them a while back in Michigan but I could never afford one while still paying for my Mini. I put up my Talon for sale 2 weeks ago, got offers all over the place to trade for a bike. Picked the best one and did it.

2007 Yamaha R1
8300 miles, put 200-250 on it yesterday

BMC Filter
Akropovic Y Pipe
2 Bros. Mufflers
Power Commander Dynotuned (162 whp)
-1 Front sprocket
Double Bubble screen
Frame sliders

It's pretty ridiculous fun. I have no need/desire to mod it, it's way faster than I need. And it's a blast riding with friends. Was 4 deep most of yesterday.

Only one picture so far and it's the seller's picture. Will try and get some more this week from someone with a decent camera.

seller%20picture.JPG

Hubbard 0

TCG Elite Member
Sep 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
Nice R1. Looks like you have a few mods on it already. Two brothers pipes sound awesome. Thats a lot of bike for a first bike, but sounds like you got a good deal.

A lot of bike for sure, but it's easy enough to keep it under control. I'm still enjoying just going half throttle in 6th. Freakin' bike pulls to 100 like it's nothing.

Exhaust is really nice too. I wish I had a better idea of how loud it is, but the way it opens up at 6k or so is awesome. Plus I'm pretty sure it's shooting some fire, or at leasts pops a hell of a lot.

utryd2

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 3, 2009
North Aurora
Just make sure you dont try to outride your capabilities. Thats when bad shit happens!

Check to be sure there is a tune in the powercommander. You'd be surprised how many people buy it and just put it on. You can download a tune for your mods. Might help with the backfire, cuz it shouldnt do that.

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
Congrats on the bike. It looks pretty awesome! Check out Chicagolandsportbikes.com if you haven't already.
We do a lot group rides anywhere from 5-25 bikes. Make sure you get the hang of it before going on a bigger group.
There are also bike nights all around here in the suburbs.
I'm not your Dad but I hope you have gear. You never know what jerk is on the road next to you.

Hubbard 0

TCG Elite Member
Sep 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
Congrats on the bike. It looks pretty awesome! Check out Chicagolandsportbikes.com if you haven't already.
We do a lot group rides anywhere from 5-25 bikes. Make sure you get the hang of it before going on a bigger group.
There are also bike nights all around here in the suburbs.
I'm not your Dad but I hope you have gear. You never know what jerk is on the road next to you.

That's good to know. I was planning searching for a chicago group like that, now I don't have to.

I got some basic stuff so far. Helmet, gloves, and a mesh jacket. Eventually I'll need a leather one for when it gets colder, but I think I have awhile still.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info