Anderson Motorsport?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
They're good guys there. Danny is a great tuner and will spend all day on your junk if needed. Pricing is a bit high... but its reasonable for the work they do.

I don't mind paying a bit more money for someone who actually wants to work on my junk. Since a tune at all for my setup is going to be steep, if I keep the truck, which looks almost certian, Its a 'go big' project still, and I will bring it out to them with low comp pistons and a blower, since a tune is going to cost me a fair bit anyways, might as well get it built up before getting it tuned.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I meet Ron Anderson back in 1990 when me and a buddy bought our first speed part out side of Street Stuff or Super Shops. lol That intake was a work of art. He told us of Rick over at AFM. That was the beginning of our Anderson experience.

A buddy still does a lot with them. They use his car as a test mule for a lot of stuff. High Rev cams, meth injection, intake shoot outs, etc. The car is very impressive and he learned a lot from those guys.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I ran a PMS on my car for years too. It used to be a cheap but good piggy back controller. But has it's draw backs as well. And it is made by Doug at EFI Systems. Anderson is just the most known distributor of them. May be the only one now. AFM is sure a fan boy of the unit for sure.

I think this is what I saw in a blown 95 5.0 at the carshow in Morris on Sat night, and is probably the type of system that would work best with my truck, and my goals.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
It is a ok unit. When it was cheap it was worth it. Now it is $1300 for PMS, data logging and the map sensor. For a couple hundred more you can have a new AEM EMS that is a stand alone unit. It solves a lot of the PMS draw backs and does a WHOLE lot more. You can pick up used BS3 and FAST systems for that price too.

The PMS is a nice unit. But I think there are better options out there. Depending on your tuning skills and such.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info