Boost Gauge install

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
So I've never done one, installing it more to keep an eye on boost, make sure I'm at proper, not too high not too low. Have the mounting cup, gauge, line, and T-fitting. Going to run it off the throttle body vacuum line. Now there are wires with crimp fittings at the end for I would assume lights? I'm not even going to attach them if they are for lights, as I don't really care all too much, and the less electrical work I have to do the better. Its an autometer 4303 gauge. Anything else I should look out for before I throw it in? Right now it seems fairly basic.

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
So I've never done one, installing it more to keep an eye on boost, make sure I'm at proper, not too high not too low. Have the mounting cup, gauge, line, and T-fitting. Going to run it off the throttle body vacuum line. Now there are wires with crimp fittings at the end for I would assume lights? I'm not even going to attach them if they are for lights, as I don't really care all too much, and the less electrical work I have to do the better. Its an autometer 4303 gauge. Anything else I should look out for before I throw it in? Right now it seems fairly basic.

Should just be for a light bulb, on my autometer gauges, the bulb itself twisted right out from the back face of the gauge assembly.

Hook the line to the gauge and suck/blow on the tube...if the gauge needle moves, you don't need the electrical hookup for anything, which I'm 99% sure you won't.

inb4suck/blowjokes

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Nov 18, 2007
that requires reading, which i can only perform at a 4th grade level. So give me time.

Besides, wtf are you doing scouring PT Forums. Have you seen some of the "mods" they've done to their cars. Amazingly bad.
eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww
newsigbu.jpg

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
BLAMO!
The boost gauge i hooked up to the small vac line on top of the throttle body, by putting a TEE into two rubber lines, the one thats already on the throttle body, and then a second rubber line that I bought from NAPA. I then just ran the boost line right into the rubber connector they give you in the kit, and viola, boost. The light bulbs were connected to the orange wire in the pillar, this wire is the one that comes on when you turn your headlights on. The oil pressure gauge was connected to a white and red striped wire on the back of the fuse panel in the compartment by your steering wheel. The red and white striped wire comes on with the ignition key, so the gauge is alive when the other gauges come on.
VacBoostLine2.jpg

P1000322.jpg

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Nov 18, 2007
I added some pics of where he hooked the line to.

Why do they mod their cars sooooo ugly?

They equate this to making it look like a hot rod. There is only one way to make them into hot rods and that is a Hemi/RWD conversion. Even then they're uglier than sin.
They are best left stock and the GTs are probably the best looking ones.
589large+2002_chrysler_pt_cruiser+front_left_view.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info