These guys are amateurs

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Well I drove the hour plus to Bloomington to get my hood scoop looked at. There is a plastic insert the goes into the hood scoop...in the right light you can see ripples across the surface. It looks like somebody held the buffer on too hard and it put ripples in the plastic. When I get here the guy that sold me the car sees it and say I don't know who put that though in your head but it isn't from a buffer....5 min later a mechanic walks up and looks at it and says it looks like someone sanded it too much, I just looked up and laughed

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I am just sitting here listening to these idiots...I am telling the salesman and the shop manager about the break in procedure and they said they have never heard of it before. I just look at them and aaid are you serious it is in the owners manual I will show it to you right now. They just say oh that isn't necessary. They walk over to a tech and ask and he comes back saying that is just recommended not required...I just looked at him and go yeah. They are all huddled around my car not sure of what to do talking about procedure. Someone might die today. Waiting for some body guy to get here and evaluate the car

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
I can't tell you 100% without looking at it, but it doesn't sound like a buffer burn. The buffer would leave more of a dull spot, not actually wrinkling the plastic, but its possible I guess. The guy would have had to been a complete moron and just held the buffer in one spot for several seconds.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info