Schwartz Performance

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
This is what happened

We were told he can complete the truck for $2000 (installs). It wound being about $4000 and he finished 50% of it. The guy kept upping his price and never completed the truck. He had no idea what an exhaust leak was. Then when my buddy got the truck back he blew the motor because he didnt hook up everything correctly.

Dont know if this is true or not, but they posted my buddy Dans truck on the internet w/o permission.

I just got off the phone with my buddy. Some of you know who he is

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
This is what happened

We were told he can complete the truck for $2000 (installs). It wound being about $4000 and he finished 50% of it. The guy kept upping his price and never completed the truck. He had no idea what an exhaust leak was. Then when my buddy got the truck back he blew the motor because he didnt hook up everything correctly.

Dont know if this is true or not, but they posted my buddy Dans truck on the internet w/o permission.

I just got off the phone with my buddy. Some of you know who he is

He then had to take it to someone else where it got done right.

bluzohh6

The system works
Jul 2, 2007
Elgin, IL
Every good place has off days, or weeks, or months. sometimes it takes a while for a shop to sort it's this out. May still be the same owner but the shop could be completely different, i.e. they could have grown and become more experienced, could have different employees, there are any number of things that could have made a currently good shop, bad back in the day

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
i know jeff and i know dan.... in fact his truck was at my shop to get the motor warrantied (with the turbo still installed :nuts:) but yea there is alot more to this story than " he paid and jeff fucked it up") As with any custom installation parts need to be purchased and modified. i mean did dan really think it was going to be ok to run a turbo kit without a boost controller or getting it tuned? and was just slapping a kit on the truck going to be up to the high standards of schwartz performance? of course not. He took his truck to a place that is used to doing $100K+ builds so just slapping parts on was out of the question. Also more importantly, you forgot to mention how he continued to drive the truck with no boost regulation or tune against the recommendation of the installing shop....that constitutes abuse, and on a turbo motor that type of abuse leads to catastrophic failure. Now im not blaming everything on Dan, hes a good guy ive known for quite awhile... Jeff should have made a better initial quote on the instillation before taking on the job, but being as the STS turbo was relatively new thing at the time i can see where maybe he wasnt experienced enough with that type of system yet.

you also forgot to mention the line of people that also screwed Dan in the process of modding the truck. what was that motor shop? ALS, ADS, A-something rather on the corner of berkshire and virginia really screwed him over worse than anybody.... as i recall they charged him for a motor and a bunch of work that was never done then quickly went out of business before he could make any kind of legal action.

but like everybody is saying, 2 sides to every story

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
to be honest we dont know... but we have a mandatory company meeting on friday and it probably going to confirm the rumor that we were purchaced by the owner of st charles toyota. rumor is a select few are going to work under reichert in woodstock (the 20-30 year seniority guys... i only have 5 years) and everybody else is gonna continue working there under the new owner as a chevy only dealer... thats a perfect world however, id be shocked if the whole crew was taken in by the new people but you never know.... honestly ill work for anybody as long as i still have a job

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info