Sycamore Speedway

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Has anyone here ever been to sycamore speedway for the dirt track racing? A group of my friends have been going there for awile and they have two cars racing up there in spectator... Well, I went this past saturday and I'M HOOKED! It's fuckin awesome, by far the cheapest racing out there. It seems kinda stupid in concept, but when you see it for real, you see the skill involved in getting a front engine rear drive boat around a track made of clay lol.

I just got back from picking up my "race car" a 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis. 5.0 DOHC V8 w/ a 4 speed auto. Runs and drives great too but the body is beat up... SOOO, the perfect car for this type or racing. Throughout the week i'm going to be gutting the car, removing all the windows, cutting the exhaust off and just generally getting it ready to race... I'll be working on it from 8pm-Midnight if anybody wants to come on over and give me a hand with the deconstruction. My first race is this saturday, July 3rd, at the track in Sycamore.

GrandMarquis.jpg

And for those of you that have never seen the racing, this is a video from the races last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7X7gM6Rg8Y

JDHedman

" The Remote Start Guy "
Jun 5, 2009
Algonquin
I love sycamore. I had a Spectator/ derby car years ago. I had a 90 caprice picked it up for $200 and drove the shit out of it in 5 races and 2 demo then sold it to the junk yard guys walking around for $125 .. it was a blast. I wish I had the time and money to do it this season

I would suggest relocating the battery to the trunk and weld the doors closed dont chain. the weld makes the car stronger

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
annnd update. got the car stripped out, all the glass out (still have to vacume it out). I still have to remove the airbags, weld the doors and remove the fan shroud so that if it gets jolted there's less a chance it takes the fan with it lol, paint it (blues mobile) and cut the exhaust off past the cat.

KnightFan26917

Old Cars, Strong Hearts
Apr 28, 2009
Elgin IL
Has anyone here ever been to sycamore speedway for the dirt track racing?

Sadly, no. I was at Sycamore once ... MANY years ago ... but haven't been back recently.

I have, however, been to the dirt track races in Freeport IL, where a friend's cousin races.

Nice Mercury. Did you rip off the vinyl top, too?

Cort | 36.m.IL | 5 Monte Carlos.1 Caprice Classic | pig valve.pacemaker * 07/24/2010=ChitownMeet #3 *
MCs.CC | models.HO.legos.CHD.RadioShows | RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"I've had enough" ... REO Speedwagon ... 'Time For Me To Fly'

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info