Another Insurance Discussion: Who do you have?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I currently have Ameriprise, For the Cobalt ALONE, They want about $155 a month *Its like 171 for 5 months, last month free or w/e*

Progressive/Geico/State farm all want crazy money

Esurance only wants $122 with the same coverage as Ameriprise.....

My record has a single traffic signal violation on it currently.

Any other providers for 21-25 year olds anyone would recommend (Who isn't on their parents policy or living at home)

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Walter Sheldon - Allstate Insurance Company
Glenview office: (847) 904-7300
Palatine office: (847) 359-5591

tell him mike taveirne referred you. don't call up 1800allstate or go through the website, tell this guy exactly what you want, ie. cheapest possible or accident forgiveness or blah blah and he will come up with as competitive a quote as allstate can make.

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
any good insurance company is going to be expensive for you because of your age and such. I doubt you will get much cheaper then what you have and I pray every day that I do not get in an accident with some one that has substandard insurance because they are horrible in every way.

For what it is worth I have Country Companies and I am not on my parents policy.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I have AAA and it was crazy cheap compared to statefarm that I had. Full coverage on my Wrx is $58 a month. I have a 100% clean record.

My agent is also way easier to talk to and get a hold of compared to state farm.

Only thing that has me nervous is mark (Blackbeardelite) apparently had his rates raised without warning. Hasn't happened to me.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
any good insurance company is going to be expensive for you because of your age and such. I doubt you will get much cheaper then what you have and I pray every day that I do not get in an accident with some one that has substandard insurance because they are horrible in every way.

For what it is worth I have Country Companies and I am not on my parents policy.

the $30 a month difference between Esurance and what I have is pretty drastic IMO, so I dunno why you say "I won't get much cheaper" when I just said I found it for $30 cheaper already....?

I have AAA and it was crazy cheap compared to statefarm that I had. Full coverage on my Wrx is $58 a month. I have a 100% clean record.

My agent is also way easier to talk to and get a hold of compared to state farm.

Only thing that has me nervous is mark (Blackbeardelite) apparently had his rates raised without warning. Hasn't happened to me.

I gotta give state farm and AAA a call tomorrow

My rates went up without warning due to Warrenville getting a higher crime rate recently or some crap like that.

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
I currently have Ameriprise, For the Cobalt ALONE, They want about $155 a month *Its like 171 for 5 months, last month free or w/e*

Progressive/Geico/State farm all want crazy money

Esurance only wants $122 with the same coverage as Ameriprise.....

My record has a single traffic signal violation on it currently.

Any other providers for 21-25 year olds anyone would recommend (Who isn't on their parents policy or living at home)

I have amerprise and love them. I have 3 cars fully covered at 150$. But then again I am 32 years old. So probaly useless to you.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I have amerprise and love them. I have 3 cars fully covered at 150$. But then again I am 32 years old. So probaly useless to you.

I love how easy they are to get ahold of, how fast they handled my mustang being totaled, just over-all I LOVE the company. But I can't sanction spending $3-400 extra a year just because "I know they are easy to deal with" for the same coverage....

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
i had country companies with parents too. then i went to progressive for house and kept country for home. now both cars and home are on allstate, same with my bro's 2 cars.

one thing i can tell you is that USAA gets the highest loyalty ratings by far. but you might kind of expect that because they have a group identity as well. they are only open to military or ex-military and their families.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
My car is a 2002, for the last 3.5 years I have paid $80 or less a month for full coverage and max limits on everything, I was with Geico for the first 2.5 years of that, and now I have American Family... I'm turning 25 at the end of this month, so it isn't an age difference thing, call an agent, get a quote, I really like geico, and they were $130 a month less than Farmers was charging me, the only reason I got rid of geico, is they don't do homeowners insurance, and I wanted everything in one policy

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info