EVO Guys Help me out

mr.gto

Deleted New Name
Jul 27, 2009
Alright since im not to up on evos I need all ur help. Went to a show last night and basic story is the kid I was supposed to race chickened out and said I should race this evo. Now the kid was big talking it up saying he will only race me for 1000 dollars and crap. I asked what kind of turbo he said some 30r turbo or whatever.
I asked him to pop the hood he wouldnt. So I said let me up my boost on my gto add nitrous back and new fuel pump and ill race him. What will I need to beat him or is this a lost cause all together for me?

He claims only 505 hp..... which ill call BS on unless he wouldnt pop his hood because he was all BS

My mods are Maggie supercharger, 205 AFR heads with upgr springs, Comp custom 617 lift cam, headers, clutch.

Mods will be 100 shot of nitrous on top, big fuel pump, and 10 psi instead of 5. Shooting for 750-800 on spray.

What u evo guys think>>?

Ill be on slicks and skinnies also obviously and this race will be from a roll

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Evo's with 505 would be like your car with 600-620 in comparison. My guess is he said 35R turbo, which means he's probably running a 37R or a 42R. Both capable of making 700+awhp on the evo's and putting them in the mid 140's for trap speeds. On the other hand, that guy was probably full of the dirtiest shit around, probably has nothing but a bolt on Evo and was using his bluff to get you to back off. A 37R setup running in the 9's could easily be shown to someone he's going to race, without it looking anywhere near what a 9sec car, so him not popping his hood doesn't mean he was hiding anything, just means he's a bitch. I promise you he's counting on his launch to even stand a chance, so leaving really really well would be the biggest determining factor against an evo.

Also, coming from experience with a couple friends evo's, if he's on a street tire you stand a pretty good chance if you're on a DR or a slick. The evo's i've taken rides in on a street tire spun pretty bad as opposed to when they're on a DR. IDK, it's a risky race IMO, if the Goat was a Camaro or something I would say you'd have it :hs: Goats are pigs.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Ohh this is a roll race... yea, i wouldn't do it. I base all of my knowledge off of a couple friends evo's and a couple years ago on their 550whp tunes they were trapping 130-135... That goat would need quite a bit to trap that high.

mr.gto

Deleted New Name
Jul 27, 2009
Evo's with 505 would be like your car with 600-620 in comparison. My guess is he said 35R turbo, which means he's probably running a 37R or a 42R. Both capable of making 700+awhp on the evo's and putting them in the mid 140's for trap speeds. On the other hand, that guy was probably full of the dirtiest shit around, probably has nothing but a bolt on Evo and was using his bluff to get you to back off. A 37R setup running in the 9's could easily be shown to someone he's going to race, without it looking anywhere near what a 9sec car, so him not popping his hood doesn't mean he was hiding anything, just means he's a bitch. I promise you he's counting on his launch to even stand a chance, so leaving really really well would be the biggest determining factor against an evo.

Also, coming from experience with a couple friends evo's, if he's on a street tire you stand a pretty good chance if you're on a DR or a slick. The evo's i've taken rides in on a street tire spun pretty bad as opposed to when they're on a DR. IDK, it's a risky race IMO, if the Goat was a Camaro or something I would say you'd have it :hs: Goats are pigs.

Well Yes he is on a street tire all the way around. His buddies wanted him to pop the hood and he said no multiple times. There are 2 senarios either they are talking it up big time, or 2 it has a shit load of work and big mods u can see.

I would be on a slick. I mean I dont know what to think, I really havent ever seen really sick evos at any shows besides some that come out to lukes. I also didnt get to hear it start to hear what kind of cams if any were in it.

And Ryan this is at Babes hot dogs in Joliet off Jefferson ST every wends night. These kids are there every single week

XxApollynxX

TCG Elite Member
Jun 2, 2008
Plainfield
I will go with you if you are serious about racing. He doesnt have to pop shit ill just look thru his hood vent, or under his car and ill be able to tell you if hes a stock frame turbo or on a aftermarket turbo. He may be on a 30R which is pretty popular for people who want to have still decent low end/mid end power. How did the rest of the car look Intercooler? Exhaust? any gauges inside? I would glady race your goat in my STOCK turbo evo from a roll :) I'd be very careful did you also hear his car started is it cammed? If your serious about racing him like I said I will come out to look at the car for you.

mr.gto

Deleted New Name
Jul 27, 2009
I will go with you if you are serious about racing. He doesnt have to pop shit ill just look thru his hood vent, or under his car and ill be able to tell you if hes a stock frame turbo or on a aftermarket turbo. He may be on a 30R which is pretty popular for people who want to have still decent low end/mid end power. How did the rest of the car look Intercooler? Exhaust? any gauges inside? I would glady race your goat in my STOCK turbo evo from a roll :) I'd be very careful did you also hear his car started is it cammed? If your serious about racing him like I said I will come out to look at the car for you.

Car had piping coming out front to a big intercooler. never started the car for me and it was lowered

BTW me and shibby said we have seen stock turbo modded evos hit high tens and these kids wouldnt believe us

Last edited:

XxApollynxX

TCG Elite Member
Jun 2, 2008
Plainfield
Car had piping coming out front to a big intercooler. never started the car for me and it was lowered

BTW me and shibby said we have seen stock turbo modded evos hit high tens and these kids wouldnt believe us

Any stickers, what color car? stock rims? IM going to try to find the car on EVOM to see if he has mods posted. Stock turbos can deftinally scoot the record 2010 stock turbo car right now is 10.635 thats true STOCK EVO 9 turbo and it traps 128.70 This more sounds like these kids were talking and got them selves in over their head about the 1k thing

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info