what car to buy?

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Well the trans is screwed and I am just getting tired of dumping money into this car right now. I am thinking of getting a new car or maybe a used one as well. I really have no idea what to get. I have always thought of myself of a chevy man, but I am just not a fan of the new camaro. I have been entertaining the idea of going ford, and really hesitating on going foreign or dodge. But wrx sti has been a favorite car of mine for a while.

I am looking for a reliable DD that gets reasonable gas mileage(at least 20 highway). I want a comfortable and nice interior. Being a motor head performance is pretty much a requirement. Doesn't need to be a vette or anything, just at least a minimun of 14 flat in 1/4. Price is an issue too. I will have to get an auto loan and 40k is the max I can go. Prolly could go more, I have a good job. But, this will be my first loan and debt. Don't need a 60,000 dollar car u know.

What do you guys and gals think? I wouldn't mind a G8 but they aren't new. Mustang 5.0? 2011 STI whenever those come out? What else is out there that fits those requirements? Thanks in advance

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I would love a cts v, but isn't that more than 40k... really I could go used, but it would have to have low miles and be in really good shape.

I have always owned 2 door cars, but at this point in my life a 4 door would be better. I need a car that can handle winter obviously, that is why the sti speaks to me. I am a bigger dude 6,2 225ish, so a miata ain't cuttin it. I would like to have a bit of performance, taking it to autocross would be tight

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
for 40 you can buy an earlier e60 m5. for used you can buy all sorts of e60 and e90/92 bimmers. rwd or x; rwd fine in the winter with snow tires. you can buy a year or two old if you really want something new; you largely recognize the benefits and don't take the initial financial hit.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Monte ss wouldn't be bad...handles not so crucial though. I have owned montes all my life. Wouldn't mind trying a new car. Plus I am going to make my current monte my poject...it needs like 3 years of body work. The body has over 270,000 miles on it. Turbo build for sure...might try to convert it to rwd as well.

My new car needs to be low miles though for sure. Primary used car requirement

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info