Bike that caught fire at Byron 6/6

Riski

Suck my balls!
Jun 23, 2009
North Aurora
A pro street bike went down the the track, hada nitrous back fire.....fire started on the right side of the bike......then when he was able to stop it, it looked like it blew itself out or went out on it's own.....

but..........it didint....

DSC_8892.jpg

DSC_8894.jpg

DSC_8893.jpg

DSC_8895.jpg

DSC_8896.jpg

DSC_8898.jpg

DSC_8899.jpg

DSC_8900.jpg

DSC_8901.jpg

DSC_8902.jpg

DSC_8903.jpg

DSC_8904.jpg

DSC_8905.jpg

DSC_8906.jpg

DSC_8907.jpg

:fu:

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
the best part is the rider is putting his bike out

I would be doing the same. I have a "clean agent" fire extinguisher in my car for this purpose. Not only to get the fire out quicker but to save equiptment. The tracks do not use a "clean agent" because of cost. The stuff they use corrodes bare metal and aluminum fast! I mean with in minutes to hours.

I also plan to add a fire suppression system in my car soon. Last spring I saw a Outlaw car come past us just about half track. The trans blew spewing trans fluid every where. That stuff is HIGHLY flammable. The whole inside of the car was engolfed in flames. As was the outside and under side of the car. He was in there for what seemed like forever between slowing the car down and getting out. He refused to go to the hospital, for insurance reasons I am sure. While talking to him the skin started to slide off his face (forgot to lower his face shield). He finally went to the hospital after that.

The weight and the cost of safety equipment is nothing if you ever need to count on it to be there and work. I appreciate the track crews work and help in situations like this. But I for sure will be helping them out to save myself and my equipment.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
byrons clean up crew cracks my ass up, oil on the track, solution car litter and paper towels lol

In their defense they do a good job of using gas on the mop, torches to burn the oil and rubber off the track, scrape it off, scrub the track with rubber and use traction compound. It may not be Route 66 equipment but they do well with what they have. I do not think anyone that races there would if they thought the track personnel didn't do a satisfactory job.

But if you are worried please stay home as it makes the track less congested for me. haha :bigthumb: (not attacking you, just a light joke about the track being busy)

Runtz52

Runs like a turtle with downs syndrome
Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
In their defense they do a good job of using gas on the mop, torches to burn the oil and rubber off the track, scrape it off, scrub the track with rubber and use traction compound. It may not be Route 66 equipment but they do well with what they have. I do not think anyone that races there would if they thought the track personnel didn't do a satisfactory job.

But if you are worried please stay home as it makes the track less congested for me. haha :bigthumb: (not attacking you, just a light joke about the track being busy)

this year i noticed they did better, but last a gto blew his diff and pissed oil everywhere, and they literally used just cat litter and paper towels

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info