Need a expert in misfire investigation...

Kbrown

Regular
Aug 18, 2009
Huntley, IL
As the title states im lookin for some help with my car....

I have pretty much NOOOO tools at my place and im lookin for either someone that could come help me out in Huntley or someone that i can tow my car to....

story:

i just did a build adding a TEP built tranny and a xp cam in my 01 gtp... i went up to green bay to have a close buddy of mine help me out...well on the way back, i ended up getting a misfire and now i cant drive the thing anywhere. after waiting 5 months, getting it built, being happy during the drive back.... now i have to have it sit in the garage again and be pissed off....

any help would be appreciated.... as far as payment, i can stock a fridge of beer but thats about it as im pretty tapped for money currently....

thanks

Heres a few pics of how it looked when i was in green bay....
28414_444008640827_742795827_5800584_3681028_n.jpg

28414_444008105827_742795827_5800524_2379450_n.jpg

Kbrown

Regular
Aug 18, 2009
Huntley, IL
ok, heres what ive done so far....

- pulled all except the #4 plug (couldn't access it with the tools i had)...
- checked to make sure all the wires were seated correctly

what is happening is that the car is having a constant misfire (one cylinder is dead), i had the same thing happen to me when i was going up to Michigan and it ended up being a bad injector... i NEVER have been able to get my injectors to seal so no matter what ive had a vacuum leak, thus i plan to buy new injectors and new fuel rails along with a new set of wires...however, i sure would like to be able to narrow down whats going on.....

regarding the spark timing. i would question that, however, as i stated i drove from green bay all the way to Milwaukee before i ever had a issue with the car. as i said the car had sat for quite some time so i know there's bound to be something that was going to be needing replacement.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
They're two different setups. Ours our more of a stock look alike replacement. They're not as cool looking as the ZZP logs but don't have all the problems of the ZZP logs either.

You posted about this on ClubGP too, right? Go back and look at that post. I told you how you can tell if it's the injector or the plug. What valve springs went in with it? It could also be a broken spring.

Kbrown

Regular
Aug 18, 2009
Huntley, IL
hmmmm, im going to rule that out for now (springs i bought i checked and also had some miles on them already so if they had wanted to break i do believe that they would of done that already) ..... i know what a ignition misfire feels like in my car and it seems just like what i had last time.... HOWEVER, if it turns out to be that, i will gladly bow down.... :bowdown:

on a side note, i still havent found anyone in my area that could stop out some day .... anyone? coronas in the frig as i type! lol

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
2.55 is fine....

do you have a tuner? you need to simply re-enable the p0300 and then see what cylinder it is. and diagnose from there. you could spend a long time trying to just figure out which cylinder it is; let alone what the problem is.

where is the car? huntley is a good haul for me or id swing out and see if i could help

Kbrown

Regular
Aug 18, 2009
Huntley, IL
sure do panda u shit head....saw your daddy finally took advantage of you the other day (see attachment)

Phat, no tuner here.... i thought of that but wasnt 100% that it would work with the cam being in... im new to the cam world so im still trying to figure some of this out.... honestly, if you would be willing to help, and had the space, i would tow the car to ur place, i have 100 mile tow radius for the GTP that i can tow it, only thing is i just dont know how long it would be there... lol

Attachments

• pandarape.jpg
    pandarape.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 33
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info