I bought my first trailer today!!!

DTB_LS1

REAL RACECARS HAVE THREE PEDALS
Sep 18, 2009
Ottawa, IL
Yep that's right my "Streetcar" got a new toy today. I've been looking to buy a trailer to tow the Camaro since I bought my TBSS and I finally pulled the trigger today. I grabbed my buddy Phatride_gt and went and ordered a 2010 18ft wood deck (16ft deck 2ft dovetail.) I also ordered a few options to fit my setup better like brakes on both axles, forged d-hooks welded in specific locations, longer 5ft ramps, and black diamond plated fenders. I plan to purchase a winch with a custom removable mount and a remote battery tray in the near future. I couldn't be happier and the best part was it cost me just a hair over $2400 with tax, title, and license included. :smile:

DTB_LS1

Sep 18, 2009
Ottawa, IL
Nice! Having a trailer definitely gives you a piece of mind should you break the car at the track. No worries about getting it home, wheter in one piece or more.

Thanks, yeah its definately some extra insurance. Plus crusing to the track with slicks in the hatch or trying to drive on slicks to the track is just a pita. Much better to tow the car "locked, cocked, and ready to rock!" That way I can just throw the cooler, grill, and tools in the back of the tbss and everything I need for the day.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I'm cool with the trailer queen jokes cuz its usually the same guy calling triple-a when his shit breaks at the track. lol

Or making excuses on why their car is so slow cause they didnt want to push it. :hsugh:

While I only would have used one a handful of times, it would have been nice to have a tow vehicle and trailer. Even if your junk breaks down. Leave it somewhere, go get your truck and trailer, bring car back. Save tow $$$.

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
:wavey:damn didnt take long to post up

once you get it, if it fits my car as well i just might break down and get the same one lol. if not ill def be glad to take it for its maiden voyage!

to me aside from the fact that shit breaks when you race, the biggest advantage of haulin your car to the track would be you get it in 'race-prep' mode the week before, then you take it offthe trailer, race it, beat it, then load it up, and take it home. no swapping tires and putting seats and shit back in at the track. it takes up valuable time you could use to race or tune!

DTB_LS1

Sep 18, 2009
Ottawa, IL
Trailers are sooooo worth it when you need them. No matter what anyone says trailering a car to the track has nothing to do with it being a street car or not.

Can you pm me where you got it from? I may be buying one here soon.

Thanks

PM sent

Pm me the info on the place.

PM sent

:wavey:damn didnt take long to post up

once you get it, if it fits my car as well i just might break down and get the same one lol. if not ill def be glad to take it for its maiden voyage!

to me aside from the fact that shit breaks when you race, the biggest advantage of haulin your car to the track would be you get it in 'race-prep' mode the week before, then you take it offthe trailer, race it, beat it, then load it up, and take it home. no swapping tires and putting seats and shit back in at the track. it takes up valuable time you could use to race or tune!

Yeah, I was bored and excited!!! Your more than welcome to take her for a spin whenever ya need to.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info