NEW SHO vs NEW Mustang 5.0

bluzohh6

The system works
Jul 2, 2007
Elgin, IL
Its a fucking tune you guys give me a break. The car has stock manifolds and exhaust. You can only do so much with just a tune. Its not like youre going to gain 300 whp from just a tune. Also the sho weighs as much as a tank and the mustang doesn't. The other thing I am sick of is people making all the excuses in the world for FORD. bunch of babies

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Its a fucking tune you guys give me a break. The car has stock manifolds and exhaust. You can only do so much with just a tune. Its not like youre going to gain 300 whp from just a tune. Also the sho weighs as much as a tank and the mustang doesn't. The other thing I am sick of is people making all the excuses in the world for FORD. bunch of babies

rtl4di.gif

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
The other thing I am sick of is people making all the excuses in the world for FORD. bunch of babies

There are a lot of Ford haters out there. I think a lot of the GM guys are upset that the new 5.0's make more power with less displacement. It's called technology and it changes. All those guys are trying to portray the new Mustang in a negative light and make it out to be slow. I guess those GM guys need to suck it up, stop crying, and deal with it. The new mustang motor is more powerful and advanced than a twelve year-old motor, why are people so surprised?

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007

Please show me in this thread where anybody is making excuses...............:picard:

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn

A tune on a boosted car can find a lot of power. OE manufactures do not tune very aggressive for a reason. Yes, it will not find 300hp but I think you would be surprised what can be done with just a tune.

Also, the Mustang is a pig too. Maybe slightly lighter than the SHO but nothing major. Especially with the torque the Eco Boost engine has to get the SHO moving. And the transmission has some thing to do with it as well. The power delivery through the SHO automatic and all wheel drive gets power to the ground with out over powering the tires. It gets the car moving and lets the torque do it's job.

The SHO is no slouch. Like mentioned before, with simple bolt ons and tune they have been in the 12's.

bluzohh6

The system works
Jul 2, 2007
Elgin, IL
Ok im glad you posted this pressure. More bolt ons than just a tune, to run 12's and everyone is saying the 5.0 is supposed to run in the mid-high 12's neighborhood bone stock. I would hope since these both appear to be cars that livernois has some association with that both drivers could drive. Last discussion about the 5.0 has it weighing in around the 3400 lbs mark. And the SHO weighing in over 4000lbs. So this brings me to the conclusion that the 412 ponies the Mustang is producing and the Claimed factory and magazine quarter mile times may be over stated? Which yet again brings me back to my original comment of after seeing this video is it possibly a little more believable that an SS beat the new Mustang? I wasn't arguing either car is slow. Just bringing back up the question that was asked in another thread.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info