Mar 30, 2008
Braidwood, IL
:tear:

6o27ud.jpg

29y41om.jpg

2556d7t.jpg

2z5ryhk.jpg

hrx4wm.jpg

Looks like I did it, but I didn't. I was dead stopped about 8 feet behind the car in front of me, they were waiting on traffic to cross when I got hit by a 4-door blazer/jimmy doing about 25. Pushed me into the car in front of me and her into the next car in front of her. Everyone drove away but mine.

Shibby50

TCG Elite Member
Mar 30, 2008
Braidwood, IL
Oh man, that sucks dude... I'm glad to hear you are ok. I can fuckin stand people, 5k says the idiot was on the phone/ texting, fuck, unbeliveable. Hopefully everything works out for you...

PS Termy prices coming down :)

The guy was 17, had 3 of his friends in the car with him. Said he didn't see me when he came around the corner.
I'm almost sure they will total it out, I just want to know what they're gonna give me as opposed to what I owe. And if they're gonna compensate for parts on it, because if they don't they better let me put it back to stock before they take it.
Gah I'm still flustered as hell

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I would go to where you had it towed to and take everything off of it before the insurance company looks at it, unless you had a special appraisal done from your insurance company to show its value with any mods on it, im guessing that they will give nothing for performance stuff

well did you end up goin to the hospital? If not make sure you go. I smell lawsuit. ***kers. Should not be in the road with friends in the car. GAAHHH I hate seeing that happen to nice people. You may not be able to take anyhting off the car where the car is. If you do not have gap insurance who knows what they will give you. If I were you I would have all your receipts ready for the insurance company. They will need to know what you have for payment. Also plan on getting higher rates while you are at it.

It is a sad day.

Runtz52

Runs like a turtle with downs syndrome
Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
well did you end up goin to the hospital? If not make sure you go. I smell lawsuit. ***kers. Should not be in the road with friends in the car. GAAHHH I hate seeing that happen to nice people. You may not be able to take anyhting off the car where the car is. If you do not have gap insurance who knows what they will give you. If I were you I would have all your receipts ready for the insurance company. They will need to know what you have for payment. Also plan on getting higher rates while you are at it.

It is a sad day.

shitty thing is that he bought with most of the stuff already done to it

98GTPDriva

TCG Elite Member
Jun 24, 2008
Sucks dude, but glad to see you are OK.

Isn't there a law in IL where you can only have one passenger in the car until you turn 18? That 17 y/o is screwed for a long time regardless.

I witnessed something similiar last summer where I was at a 2-way stop heading North and waiting for traffic to clear for me to cross. At the same time, a car heading East was waiting to turn left (North) in the same direction as me. A 16 y/o girl who had her license for one week did not see the woman stop to make a left turn and she plowed into the woman doing 55 in a Geo Tracker. The 16 y/o girl and her two friends were fine (not even any cuts), but the woman in the brand new Dodge Charger was hauled away in a stretcher with neck injuries.

As I was writing my witness statement, there was another witness that was driving behind the 16 y/o girl for a few miles and her and her two friends were taking pictures of each other while driving and goofing off. The road they were on was 55 the entire way... definitely some scary shit.

Again, glad to hear you are OK and I hope the car situation works out for you.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
That sucks... Insurance can be screwy depending on who you're with. The car looks entirely fixable to me but I'm not a body guy. Just looks like it needs a hood, front and rear bumpers, headlights, header panel and maybe a radiator support.

Even if they total it they'll most likely let you take the mods off. Some insurance companies will even sell you back the car for nothing. A buddy of mine bought a 91' SHO for $1500, smashed it into a wall and got $2600 from State Farm. Then they sold it back to us for $26 and we got another $1500 in parts off of it. He rinsed and repeated a year later. Bought a faded red SHO from Atlanta and rear ended a Lexus. They totally the car out, gave him $3200 for it and sold it back to him for $28. He repainted it and got it fixed for $2000 and ended way ahead in that deal.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Definatley needs a core support up front. radiator isnt leaking as far as I can see, IIRC they sit nice and far back in those 'stangs. You MAY end up being able to get it fixed, shitty thing is that you'lll always know that it was hit AND it'll have a bad carfax. Rear wont be too bad, exhaust wasent hit, only looks like you need a bumper cover. You may be able to walk away with the car back. Wish you the best, I've been there.... shitty situation for sure.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I know it doesnt look so bad, but both the doors when shut are off, not aligned. Which makes me think the frame was bent from being hit on both sides. I may be taking it home tomorrow to take the stuff off it and making it stock before the insurance company looks at it.

If you demod, I can almost guarntee they'll total it. Only thing that would've saved you was the cost of parts. Probably better off totaled in the long run, things are never the same after an accident.

Shibby50

TCG Elite Member
Mar 30, 2008
Braidwood, IL
If you demod, I can almost guarntee they'll total it. Only thing that would've saved you was the cost of parts. Probably better off totaled in the long run, things are never the same after an accident.

I agree, but i doubt they will add in the cost of mod's since the main one (procharger) was on the car when I bought it and I have no receipts for it. I just want that, the intake. plenum and rear tires back off it really.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info