I'm done modding the TBSS

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
I'm done modding the TBSS! Where the truck sits at the moment, is very near the point of no return. Right now I am almost completely satisfied with the way it drives, the looks it has and gets, and the times it is turning on the track. There are a few small things that need to get addressed to make it complete at this point, LS7 MAF, and fixing the rear shocks. It is relatively quick, and extremely fast for an SUV, but will take a TON more money to get anywhere serious. Forced induction, and a built motor would be the next step. Unfortunately, even my built trans wouldnt be up to the task of holding much more power than I make on nitrous right now. The entire powertrain would need to be redone, which is way more than id sink into this thing and still try to enjoy it.

It's looking more than good for me landing a job in the immediate future, and Im leaning towards just DD'ing the truck. Definitely going to throw a more civil exhaust on it, and likely a tighter converter to help out the MPG a bit. The truck has given me my first real taste of speed, and now I've got a sweet tooth. Once my finances are in order Im looking to pick up a fox body roller, preferably a notch, and build a real go fast car. Fox bodies are a proven platform, there is a plethora of used parts floating around on the cheap, insane amounts of aftermarket available, no worries about emissions, and a NICE roller can be had for sub $4k

At the end of the day, I care more about going fast than any other enjoyable aspect of cars.

newsmoke2.jpg

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Those sound like some nice plans you got. I was never really a fan of the notch style fox but the more I see tricked out ones the more I like them. Just make sure you get one with an interior that is all intact. I've heard interior pieces for fox's are expensive.

Its going to have door panels and a dash, the rest will be axed. Caged and two seats. Fuck, even door panels could just be some sheet metal. There are a ton of these cars around, I am not worried about finding parts at all. Plus, this is a loooooooooong way down the tunnel still.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
If you start looking for a roller, I've got a nice 1996 Mystic Cobra roller that might fit the bill for ya. $5,000. It's completely stock and has got everything except a motor.

I'm not actively selling the car yet (still some odds and ends to do), but I figured I'd mention it. :dunno:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info