Cop shoots biker in the back for no reason!

Riski

Suck my balls!
Jun 23, 2009
North Aurora
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?section=news/local&id=7433661

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/video?id=7433924

TOLEDO, OH (WTVG) -- A never-before-seen police dash cam video was shown in court today in the trial of an Ottawa Hills police officer accused of shooting and paralyzing a man during a traffic stop.

The video shows Officer Thomas White following Michael McCloskey and his friends on their Harleys. At one point, McCloskey takes off at a high rate of speed. Officer White hits his siren and McCloskey stops his bike.

Related Content
Story: Testimony in Ottawa Hills officer trial

Story: Aaron Snyder testifies in officer shooting trial

Video: RAW VIDEO: Officer White's dash cam footage (no sound)
Officer White ends up shooting McCloskey. Attorneys for White say he believed McCloskey had a gun. However, McCloskey was unarmed and appears docile in the video.

The jury will have to determine if the shooting was justified. White is charged with felonious assault and faces up to 11 years in prison.

FUCKIN PIG! If anyone else did that shit, it would be attempted murder! I hope he gets ass raped for life!

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Wow! If that truly is the case, the cop deserves to go away for a long time! The biker didn't appear to be doing anything suspicious, but I guess the cop thought something was up. That is terrible! The guy just looked back, and then the cop shot him.

YoushallgoFo

TCG Elite Member
Dec 26, 2008
I didn't even see him move and he got shot, like out of nowhere. he did turn around and look at him, I guess it may have startled the cop though. I guess if your going to get pulled over keep your hands on the wheel. Why did the bikers keep speeding after he hit the siren though?

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
It looked like they were trying to get away. The one moron jumped a curb. Running away still doesn't warrant getting shot. But maybe it made the cop more nervous because he thought they had something to hide. He just used poor judgement. Shooting someone in the back makes things even worse. What could the guy have done with his back facing you?

E

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
State of Confusion
Real Name
E
That is just fucked up.
So the guys on the bike pull away fast. Did they pass the speed limit before he turned the lights on?
The cop thinks he had a gun so i can understand pulling the gun out but pulling the trigger?
I guess from now on i should keep my hands on top of the steering wheel and not try to get my wallet out of my jacket pocket ready for fear of getting shot.

Burtonrider10022

TCG Elite Member
Feb 25, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Real Name
Yes
but rarely is it caught on camera. i agree though, its terrible.

1 thing to remember through this, in the united states there are MILLIONS of police officers, and even if there are 1,000 bad cops per state, there are still only 52,000 bad cops out of those millions, so dont lump cops into this big pile, they are people too, and just like every job, some of them are assholes.

andcbii

TCG Elite Member
Nov 19, 2008
but rarely is it caught on camera. i agree though, its terrible.

1 thing to remember through this, in the united states there are MILLIONS of police officers, and even if there are 1,000 bad cops per state, there are still only 52,000 bad cops out of those millions, so dont lump cops into this big pile, they are people too, and just like every job, some of them are assholes.

The problem is that too many cops over react. tase an old woman or shoot a guy in the back as a result.

bluzohh6

The system works
Jul 2, 2007
Elgin, IL
which should never happen. It is a dangerous job, but they aren't in a war zone, no need to have an itchy trigger finger. And the other thing is, not every cop is the most intelligent person in the world. I think it should be a requirement for them to have over a certain IQ, or score xx points on their ACT SAT's. Not just some Bumpkin thats fresh out of the military and can't find a job doing anything else so they decide to be a cop somewhere.

YoushallgoFo

TCG Elite Member
Dec 26, 2008
Well I don't think ACT scores have much to do with judgement. Some people just let the power go to their heads. You stick a title on some people and they'll feel like they're simply better than you. Cops just need to cool it sometimes, and I'm sure there are many officers that do understand this. Just not all of them, like this guy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info