Free windshield inspection!!!

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
What the heck is this nonsense? I was filling up at a Shell station today, and they had a couple of girls walking around and giving free windshield inspections. They were looking for chips and cracks in windshields. What kind of certification do you have to have for these inspections? What moron isn't capable of seeing a crack in his/her windshield? What benefit was this to Shell?

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
So would you assume that some windshield repairing company threw a few bucks at Shell and let them 'inspect' cars? I'm just curious who is benefitting from all this. They didn't really try and sell anything or mention that they were from a particular company.

transmaxed

TCG Elite Member
Jun 23, 2008
Palatine
Real Name
Matt
So would you assume that some windshield repairing company threw a few bucks at Shell and let them 'inspect' cars? I'm just curious who is benefitting from all this. They didn't really try and sell anything or mention that they were from a particular company.

They said it was part of my insurance... and would not cost me anything. All they asked me is if I had insurance and who it was through. So I have no idea who was benefiting from this... apperently it was a free service to me though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info