Part of my shaker kit flew off the car...

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
Last Wednesday night, I was cruising down the road - well actually roll racing a silver 300c srt-8, and in 4th gear, all of a sudden the hood applique part of the shaker kit just flew off the car! Not the shaker itself but the plastic piece that sits on the hood around it. (see sig pic)
I hit the brakes as I thought I blew up something for a couple of seconds, but everything ran fine.

Well the plastic piece is kind of trashed; I can see where it hit the road first and broke that front driver side corner off and then 2 larger pieces where it surrounds the shaker itself... As well as a good amount of scraping on the top. There were about a dozen plastic pieces that go through the hood to be bolted down and they were all broken...

I called Roush and they said, ‘no can do’, they only had the shaker kits for one year, 2004… I found out another company called CDC that makes similar kits or rip offs, but I don’t know who ripped off who…

Now I drive the car around with the piece off and the 6 years of dust under the piece showing. And I keep the broken appliqué piece on for if it rains so it’ll catch as the hole cut into the hood is bigger than the water-shed tray…

:fu:

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
Sucks tho Aaron. I'd definitely replace it with something. Wouldn't want water just getting in there.

Yeah... I'm contemplating either seeing if a body shop can do something with the broken piece, look for a mach 1 hood and modify the shaker's position to work with that hood, or just scrap the whole shaker and go with a cobra-r hood... :dunno:

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
99_mustangccspyder3hood.jpg

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
You don't even like hitting those speeds at the track ZZZZZZIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!

I have to say that you're not wrong. I do get a little nervous trapping 114+mph in a convertible that does not have a roll bar. It's not the safest thing in the world, but gosh darnit, it is fun!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info