Turbo 2v bit the dust last night

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
Last night at GLD, a guy over on CMC (I think he's over here too; splytsnd) that was running the same setup as me on a bullitt, well his motor looks to have said 'I'm done.' He hasn't looked into it too much yet but he said there's a lot of coolant and oil pouring out from under the car...

Got me a bit worried as we're running the same kits at the same boost with about the same power levels... Bob Kurgan chimed in that it could have been the cooler air from last night that put more boost in to make it go kaboom.

Got a good run in though...
fastest passes of the night...

1.87 60' 12.35 @ 117.01
1.82 60' 12.36 @ 111 with the car eating itself on the 3/4 shift and coasting the last 150-200 feet

Sucks for him but now's he's got a good excuse to build the motor.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I'm curious if he was running a bit more boost than he should have been. I was told not to mash the skinny pedal if it's below 50. You run the risk of making more untuned boost and popping your motor. I hope he wasn't riding around with 500whp, that's just plain stupidity right there.

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I just read the thread over there. He was indeed running 500, but it was rwtq and not rwhp. Still, 500rwtq is enough to grenade a stock motor. I'm not even sure why someone would want to go that much over the stock tolerance of the rotating assembly unless they had a spare built motor.

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
am I missing something as to how 400whp in stang doesnt net 11s? how much do they weigh? er well both your ugys are verts

I wish I could tell you. I'm only .04 away from teh 11's right now. Mine weighs 3,800lbs with me in it. I don't think it's too much a stretch to say the headwind cost me an 11 sec pass on Saturday. Next trip, I'm taking out the passenger seat and maybe the rear seat.

EDIT: Plus, I'm only currently able to launch my car at 2,000rpm. I'm sure that's a limiting factor as well. I should be able to cut a low 1.6X / high 1.5X.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info