Bought 265s for my S2000 :0

B serious

Regular
Jan 18, 2009
ILLNOISE
I was in the market for tires a few weeks ago. The autocross/HPDE season is starting and I wanted something with a grip of grip.

My 225F and 255R Dunlop starspecs were awesome, and got me thru 2 seasons of HPDEing and around 5000 street miles. So they lasted a LONG time. They've been through everything. They gripped well in the rain as well. ALL the way to the bitter end lol. This is what the rears looked like when I got rid of them:

IMAG0241.jpg

The car had a pretty wicked tendency to oversteer. I was hoping to reel that in for something more neutral...but I didn't want the car to understeer either. I was thinking 265/40/17 but was afraid they were going to look goofy.

I only found one person with pics clear enough to see. After some agonizing, I decided to get them because his car looked great.

I got 225s for the front again.

My friend works at Discount tire and I was able to get an awesome price.

The 265s actually run wide...so they're very close to 275s. They're F'ing WIDE.

When I initially put them on, I was a little unhappy lol. The sidewall looked HUGE and they looked off-roady. Plus they were scraping on everything. They bulged WAY outta the fender.

I was about to just have them swapped out for 255s...but decided to get an alignment first to see if I could tuck them into the fender a little better.

Thanks to my awesome alignment guy at Merlin's in Aurora, IL....the car was lined up reaaaaaaalll nice. I have friends everywhere lol.

The rear camber is set at -3.1 degrees. The rear toe is set to .15degrees positive.

Once the car was lined up, the tires looked GREAT. I actually got 3 different people (including a girl :D ) on the same day saying that the car looked awesome. I had my friend drive it while I drove behind him in his car and yeah...the car looked awesome. Super agressive.

I haven't had a chance to autocross or HPDE on them yet. The car does exhibit less oversteer...but I'm afraid it's going to push now. I had the rear toe aligned to the outer limit of "out". They're still within the spec window..but as far negative as possible. So that might help with some of the push on the track.

They do look great, though lol. The rear fenders were already rolled and the bumper tab re-located from the old 255 setup. But I did cut away a buncha plastic from the bumper than the tires were scraping on. I don't think that the tires are scraping on the quarter panel at all...and after cutting away the bumper, I haven't heard any scrapes. So...so far so good.

Anyway, here are some pics to help out people deciding whether they want 265s or not. I am a notorioiusly bad photographer lol. Plus I had to do these quick because the shop was closing.

Lots of pics, though:

IMAG0247.jpg

IMAG0248.jpg

IMAG0249.jpg

IMAG0251.jpg

IMAG0252.jpg

IMAG0253.jpg

IMAG0254.jpg

IMAG0255.jpg

IMAG0256.jpg

IMAG0257.jpg

Wheel specs are 17X7.5 and 17X9 + 45 all around.

B serious

Regular
Jan 18, 2009
ILLNOISE
It looks a lot better in person lol. For some reason the front tires look WAY smaller than the rears. That's not really the case. It did look a little tall at first. But I'm sure that with the first few track days, it'll wear the tread down enough to shorten the tire up. They're 10.7'' wide, IIRC..which translates into 271mm. Hopefully the car's more stable this year. It was pretty quick last year...just was a bit of a liability.

BoostedK20

Cool story bro, I make dinosaurs.
Feb 16, 2010
It looks a lot better in person lol. For some reason the front tires look WAY smaller than the rears. That's not really the case. It did look a little tall at first. But I'm sure that with the first few track days, it'll wear the tread down enough to shorten the tire up. They're 10.7'' wide, IIRC..which translates into 271mm. Hopefully the car's more stable this year. It was pretty quick last year...just was a bit of a liability.

bring the beast to Luke's on Thursday. I most likely will be there with pretty blue.

B serious

Regular
Jan 18, 2009
ILLNOISE
^^thanks for the compliments, guys!

Looks good dude, those other tires had at least 30-40 seconds of burnout left in them, what gives? Those are pretty wide :hsugh: you planning on trying to keep up with my race-car gtp in the corners or what?

I'm gonna try, man. It's gonna be tough going that slow thru a corner though. :p

That clears the rear quarters under compression?

Looks neat.

Yeah, theyre flush with the quarter as they sit. So under compression, they clear since compression adds negative camber.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info